The Escapist Presents: Exploring the First Lawless Frontier in Far Cry Primal

Liana Kerzner

May 6, 2015
Exploring the First Lawless Frontier in Far Cry Primal

Exploring the first lawless frontier in Far Cry Primal.

Watch Video

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Kinda crazy how the first game had some Resident Evil style mutants, a nuclear weapon getting stolen and had a scene where you escaped a volcano.

Now, literally sticks and stones :p

and so we wait for Ubisoft to either make a hit or a bomb, as is their custom.

FirstNameLastName

Premium Fraud
Nov 6, 2014
I'm still rather skeptical of this entire thing. They always market these games through the survival elements and the harshness of nature, only to turn out as nothing more than a FPS with the barest veneer of survival. In the past it has amounted to nothing more than kill some hostile animals every now and again and collect the herbs for your magic, insta-heal syringes. Nature itself has always seemed little more than a petty nuisance rather than a harsh enemy.
Still, I really do want this game to be good, since the setting is enough to intrigue me.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Im really interested in this type of videos, please do more of these Escapist :)

Diablo1099 said:
Kinda crazy how the first game had some Resident Evil style mutants, a nuclear weapon getting stolen and had a scene where you escaped a volcano.
Its worth noting that the first game was developed by entirely different people that went on to make Crysis and the current team only got on Far Cry since Far Cry 2. The grand strokes you mention carried on in Crysis games but the new Far Cry developers seem to have taken a different route.