The Escapist Presents: Five Things You Shouldn't Do in Mass Effect 2

Aardvark

Sep 9, 2008
The Cain is the only gun since Doom that gave me that warm, fuzzy, giggly, "I just fuckslapped the fuck out of that fuck" that the BFG gave me. Some have come close, but none have matched it.

Jul 31, 2009
Apparently, I was too busy playing with my ship model toys to notice there was a fish tank.
I don't think Miss Chambers will have to bother feeding them anymore.
This puts me in a difficult position though. Use the restroom to flush them through, or press them in a little cube and vent them with the waste disposal system.

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
Now I'm looking forward to the "spoilerific stuff you have to do" video. Nice call on no.1! XD

SousukeSeg

Oct 17, 2008
I think I used the Cain only twice in my playthrough, and it kinda felt like cheating, against two of if not the strongest bosses in the game, and it chipped away almost 3 1/4 of their life bar.

edited and removed the spoiler tag which contained the names of the bosses, I apologize to anybody I might have ruind the surprise to.

my bad.

lockeslylcrit

Dec 28, 2008
SousukeSeg said:
I think I used the Cain only twice in my playthrough, and it kinda felt like cheating *spoiler* liara is really a man *end spoiler* and it chipped away almost 3 1/4 of their life bar.
That's not much of a spoiler tag if it's on the exact same line.

Woem

May 28, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
My question is: Why doesn't the frickin' space hamster starve? You don't feed it yet it's a live and kicking all through to the end.

What the hell is that thing living on?
The Spelljammer campaign setting described them as giant hamsters bred to paddle wheels for flying ships, which can alternatively be bred in miniature form, looking like a normal hamster. But imagine that you had to feed these hamsters to keep them paddling, then you might as well buy regular fuel to power your ship, instead of hamster food, right?

And Minsc would be very, very upset if Boo would starve to death.

ThreeKneeNick

Aug 4, 2009
I didn't know i have to feed the fish. I rarely go to my quarters anyway. I hope they are not dead by now! :(

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
lockeslylcrit said:
I agree with the dancing. Jeez, Shepard... you're a war hero, and yet you couldn't find the time to learn something that doesn't make you look like an uninterested git on the dance floor?
Indeedie - he's possibly the whit-ist dancer I've ever seen. And I'm white and can't dance!

As for the fish, I think you can get Kelly to feed them if your nice enough to her, but yeah, an automatic fish feeder should have been included.

Myrph

Proud owner of a Jamtroller
Oct 27, 2009
I'm not sure if its a bad thing that my own style of dancing rather closely resembles Commander Sheppard's... Maybe I just shouldn't dance either...

Tymathee

Mar 25, 2009
Yea...my fish died pretty easy and i never bought another. i love being an infiltrator, sniperrific

Dec 14, 2009
Another thing not to do is to not hug Tali... seriously, if you don't hug Tali when the time arises then you will feel like a complete douche-baggin' shit fuck forever.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
I've done all of those things! :D

I even killed the Krogan before his bastard little Vorcha mate got me!

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
VyperX said:
No spoilers in the main part of the video (well, except for some super weapon I may obtain at some time), but I had the impression the intro part did contain some spoilerific stuff... I'm not sure though, since I closed my eyes after the first hint there were cinematics from further ahead in the game than I currently am.

Oh well, guess that teaches me for looking for MassEffect 2 content, but not wanting anything spoiled. :)
That trailer was released before ME2 was on the store shelves. There's absolutely nothing spoilerific about it in regards to the story of the game. Nothing.

Not bad video, I guess. But the fish thing is easily avoidable, and if you move in to melee a krogan to death then you deserve to get a CMF.

Funkysandwich

Contra Bassoon
Jan 15, 2010
Aardvark said:
The Cain is the only gun since Doom that gave me that warm, fuzzy, giggly, "I just fuckslapped the fuck out of that fuck" that the BFG gave me. Some have come close, but none have matched it.
What about the MIRV in fallout 3? That thing was nasty.

Eerors

Jan 31, 2010
Couldn't Shepard dance a lil' bit in Mass Effect 1?

Besides, he's ironic dancing :p

Raithnor

Jul 26, 2009
I take it you feed the fish between every mission and you don't have to feed them more than once between missions.

Loving the game so far.

Susan, I do have a question: Are there any really suprising spoilers in ME2? By suprising I mean in the sense of the original KoTOR where the entire outlook of the game shifts because of one unknown detail about your character's past circumstances that color the rest of the game. Are there any "Luke, I am your Father."-type moments?

The original Mass Effect didn't quite have that level of reveal to it, it was more of a "These insignificant details in the beginning of the game really meant something down the road."

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
It's never been a good idea to melee a Krogan!

...unless of course you are playing on easy in which case it is still somewhat inadvisable