The Escapist Presents: Five Things You Shouldn't Do in Mass Effect 2

ww2jacob

Mar 21, 2008
The dancing is hilarious. The best part is the conversation with the random lady in the VIP lounge on Omega. Priceless.

Raithnor said:
Are there any really suprising spoilers in ME2? By suprising I mean in the sense of the original KoTOR where the entire outlook of the game shifts because of one unknown detail about your character's past circumstances that color the rest of the game. Are there any "Luke, I am your Father."-type moments?

The original Mass Effect didn't quite have that level of reveal to it, it was more of a "These insignificant details in the beginning of the game really meant something down the road."
There are a few twists that are only really noticeable if you played the first game and remember the overall plot pretty well. Nothing akin to the epic KOTOR twist, but then again BioWare has never really come close to anything like that since.

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
VyperX said:
No spoilers in the main part of the video (well, except for some super weapon I may obtain at some time), but I had the impression the intro part did contain some spoilerific stuff... I'm not sure though, since I closed my eyes after the first hint there were cinematics from further ahead in the game than I currently am.

Oh well, guess that teaches me for looking for MassEffect 2 content, but not wanting anything spoiled. :)
Don't worry, I've unlocked the Cain and I only played for like... 6 hours or so.

Spectre39 said:
"I've had enough of your disingenuous assertions!"
You know, for such a pretentious line, that was followed with such a badass/dickhead action.

hansari

May 31, 2009
lockeslylcrit said:
I agree with the dancing. Jeez, Shepard... you're a war hero, and yet you couldn't find the time to learn something that doesn't make you look like an uninterested git on the dance floor?
I dunno...Shepard still looks like a loser on the dance floor, but it seems to me like he's improved since Mass Effect 1.

I mean...at least now he's shuffling from one side to the other...

goldenjester

Feb 3, 2009
Myrph said:
I'm not sure if its a bad thing that my own style of dancing rather closely resembles Commander Sheppard's... Maybe I just shouldn't dance either...
No, it's a good thing. It means someday, you too can save the universe. Seriously-bad dancing is one of the genetic trade-offs for badassery and leadership.

Congrats to you.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
I'm an intergalactic war hero - saved the universe numerous times (of course you don't know it yet).

But noone can stop me groovin' to my beat. Oh yeah... I like to shake it, baby.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
That was awesome.
I have to agree about the krogan thing, though I learnt that the hard way in ME1

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Another thing not to do is to not hug Tali... seriously, if you don't hug Tali when the time arises then you will feel like a complete douche-baggin' shit fuck forever.
True. i find it funny, i mean, hte mission before that i snaped a merc's neck and then droped a crate on his pals while the only surviver looked like he shit his pants, then i give Tali a hug. I think Shepard is bypolar.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
I come out of semi-retirement JUST to say...

That Susan's Shepard looks almost exactly like mine... odd...

Joa_Belgium

Aug 29, 2009
5. What brilliant numbnuts would forget to buy enough fuel when they're exploring ...
4. Well, what a surprise. You'd think that one of the strongest and most violent races would just let you slap them silly?
3. I've got Kelly. She feeds my fish while I'm gone and I don't want to bother with any space rodents in my cabin.
2. If it's a Heavy Weapon, you know you shouldn't be near the explosion when you hit something.
1. You know what? Shepard is such a badass that he can dance the Chicken Dance and still retain his coolness.

I just parried this entire list. God, that felt awesome.

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
Agreed! You really SHOULD NOT DANCE. EVER. I saw this and thought "hey, dance? Sounds fun, let's see what it looks like when Shepard shakes his boo-... no no no no no no no STOP"

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
Is it tragic that I dance like Shepard?

I only used the Cain once, against the Geth Colossus thingy. Oh, and on my first play-through I used it
on the bridge of the flotilla ship in Tali's loyalty mission
that killed me dead.

Sentinels (like it says in the game) are neigh on invincible, biotic push with the area of effect upgrade at level 4 is amazing, swarmed by husks, push, BOOM! All gone. got myself the assault rifle training to, and power tech shield, tank just evolved!

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
lockeslylcrit said:
Casual Shinji said:
My question is: Why doesn't the frickin' space hamster starve? You don't feed it yet it's a live and kicking all through to the end.

What the hell is that thing living on?
Bioware wants to preserve the spirit and memory of Boo, I would guess.
Pardon my stupidity, but who/what is Boo?

Apr 28, 2008
I once fired the Cain in close quarters...

I was trying to figure out how to fire the damn thing, then I thought I may need to charge it. I did, and I and everything around me exploded...

Dec 14, 2009
Brad Shepard said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Another thing not to do is to not hug Tali... seriously, if you don't hug Tali when the time arises then you will feel like a complete douche-baggin' shit fuck forever.
True. i find it funny, i mean, hte mission before that i snaped a merc's neck and then droped a crate on his pals while the only surviver looked like he shit his pants, then i give Tali a hug. I think Shepard is bypolar.
Not bipolar, it's just that Tali is so damn hard not to like. Her and Garrus are my favs.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Furioso said:
lockeslylcrit said:
Casual Shinji said:
My question is: Why doesn't the frickin' space hamster starve? You don't feed it yet it's a live and kicking all through to the end.

What the hell is that thing living on?
Bioware wants to preserve the spirit and memory of Boo, I would guess.
Pardon my stupidity, but who/what is Boo?
It's a reference to Baldur's Gate. There was a character who had a pet hamster named Boo. He claimed that Boo was a "miniature giant space hamster", which is another reference back to the AD&D campaign Spelljammer.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Brad Shepard said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Not bipolar, it's just that Tali is so damn hard not to like. Her and Garrus are my favs.
yea, speeking of that, am i the only one a little weirded out by the fact garrus is a love intrest?

Dec 14, 2009
Nah, Garrus is probably the only guy on the team that my badass FemShep trusts 100%...

He's the only logical choice.