The Escapist Presents: Holiday Memories

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Holiday Memories

The Escapist Staff talks of holiday traditions, music and their best gaming gifts ever.

Watch Video

Orange Monkey

Mar 16, 2009
I think the only gaming related item i've ever obsessively wanted for christmas is a Multi-tap for my Playstation2. My friends used to come over all the time to play Nightfire, and Need For Speed but we'd always have to take it in turns, so the multi-tap made life alot easier.
''All My Friends Are Metal Heads'' gets my hyped up for just about anything, but on christmas it's hilarious to watch my brothers and I headbanging in Santa hats!

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
i remember when i got my gameboy for Christmas, i played it 16 hours a day for the next month until i got an epileptic seizure and then my mom took it away, and didn't let me play games for quite some time after that (like 2 years), still the best Christmas present ever.

oh and thats quite some decorations you guys have, the only "decoration" we have at my job is a candle at the reception.

Artemus_Cain

May 20, 2009
This site needs more Ron Jarzombek.

We always go around to look at some of the more extravagant house lights. Shit, half of them are in my neighborhood! Trying to sleep is a *****.

Shane Hamstra

Amateur Bounty Hunter
Jan 5, 2009
George Palmer said:
What the hell did she mean by "santa"? the Santa in quotes? Whats up with THAT???
I think she used quotes with Santa because she was confused when she saw Santa at the mall and he looked different than when she saw Santa kissing mom underneath the mistletoe. She just must not know that Santa is a master of disguise and cannot reveal his true looks as too many people would try and find him.

paralost

Aug 7, 2009
the one thing i don't like about christmas is my mom always puts out this angel that has a motor in it so it moves and stuff, which may sound lovely and festive to some. don't be fooled, it is the devil! it is creepy as fuck with its dead black eyes and one year when i was younger the motor in it malfunctioned and me and my two sisters had the horrific experience of watching its head turn 360. to this day i can't look at it without getting shivers.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
The Rock looks like some kind of Christmas themed stripper there.

Funk, you have an impressive array of figurines on your desk.

We have 2 traditions in my house hold. We listen to Mannheim Steamroller and my mom makes peanut butter balls.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
A game of Monopoly after a Christmas dinner has been a longstanding tradition at my place. We've actually finished games in less tan four hours.

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
Christmas Eve at my Dads house, Then Christmas Morning at moms. Then who evers Christmas it is (Moms or Dads) we travel to wherever we're going. Which is never "Our house" for whatever reason.

Woem

May 28, 2009
I nominate this episode as Best Escapist Present Video ever!

- Best music in an Escapist video! Especially the intro and the outro.
- Archon's pandabear bamboo metaphore.
- Mkuliani has a tao dart board?

As for me, I don't really have any Christmas traditions, mostly because I don't have any family at all (seriously, not a single one). But this year will be special because one of me and my wife's best friends had a daughter born recently and we're the adopted aunt and uncle. So this will be our first Christmas with (adopted) family in many, many years. I'm really looking forward to it. Tofuturkey!

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
Being cynical is sort of my religion... so I hate (well not really) christmas. I just can't get in the spirit of the holidays. so to me christmas is no different from my birthday, except the house is covered in crap and we have a tree indoors.
(there are some cute girls working the Escapist.. : )

lazy_bum

Mar 25, 2009
GAH! I really want to know what shane ate. its on the wall behind him but all you can see it 'shane ate...'

Also, like all the nerf guns dotted about.

lazy_bum

Mar 25, 2009
paralost said:
one year when i was younger the motor in it malfunctioned and me and my two sisters had the horrific experience of watching its head turn 360. to this day i can't look at it without getting shivers.
I laughed so hard at the mental image there.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Eric the Orange said:
The Rock looks like some kind of Christmas themed stripper there.

Funk, you have an impressive array of figurines on your desk.

We have 2 traditions in my house hold. We listen to Mannheim Steamroller and my mom makes peanut butter balls.
14 Gundam models, an Eva-01 Revoltech, a StarCraft space marine, a 1/4 Haro, and a statue of Loran Cehack from Turn A Gundam.

Yeah, I have a lot of figurines.

Lima

Jun 18, 2007
Shane Hamstra said:
George Palmer said:
What the hell did she mean by "santa"? the Santa in quotes? Whats up with THAT???
I think she used quotes with Santa because she was confused when she saw Santa at the mall and he looked different than when she saw Santa kissing mom underneath the mistletoe. She just must not know that Santa is a master of disguise and cannot reveal his true looks as too many people would try and find him.

I'm pretty sure "Santa" is up to something.... if that's who he REALLY is.

Lima

Jun 18, 2007

Since you guys CUT the footage of my BEAUTIFULLY FESTIVE DESK THEMIS TREE... I decided to post a picture. :p

ironlordthemad

Sep 25, 2009
epic tree lima!

you know I just finished watching the Scorpion King on DvD (with the rock's commentary) so I came on here and then he's there again!
Why no santa hat though?
Can you imagine him coming down the chimney!?!

I've never realy lusted after anything for chirstmas although I do remember opening christmas presents a few years ago and I opened up an xbox controller thinking it was a pack of DvDs and suddenly a shiney penny dropped and the gears in my head started turning...

Several torrents of ripped rapping later and I was a happy little boy *<:)

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Pirate Santa only brings you presents if you pillage 3 merchant vessels and fight the cylons.