The Escapist Presents Loading Ready Run

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
The Escapist Presents Loading Ready Run

We are proud to announce the arrival of Loading Ready run at the Escapist! Starting in January the internet-famous comedy troupe, Loading Ready run, will be licensing their new sketch comedy videos exclusively to The Escapist. Stars of The Escapist News Network [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/unskippable], the folks at Loading Ready run have been making the funniest sketch comedy on the internet for six years running, and now they'll be doing it at The Escapist.

LRR is a Canadian sketch comedy website, based in Victoria, British Columbia, founded by Graham Stark and Paul Saunders. Since its launch in October 2003, a new video has been posted to the site every week, without fail; all of them are written, performed and edited by members of the "LoadingReadyRun crew", which consists of Graham, Paul, six of their friends, and multiple guests.

Russ Pitts, editor in chief at The Escapist, made the announcement today on the livestream of LRR's Desert Bus promotion raising money for the Child's Play charity. "This is a fantastic addition to The Escapist," said Pitts in a phone interview with the LRR team. "We are excited to finally bring the awesome sketch comedy that Loading Ready Run produces on a weekly basis to our audience," said Pitts.

The theme of the Loading Ready Run website is based on the Commodore 64 and its humour is often video game related. Some of their videos have been featured in film festivals such as the Comic-Con International Film Festival in San Diego, and shown on major television networks, including G4 Canada and CNN.

Keep checking in with The Escapist for the date and time for the next big thing from LRR.

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
this is most awesome news. i love loading ready run, i'm always watching it at college when i should be doing work. I think fun with condoms is one of my favourites

Resistance205

Jun 3, 2008
Thats pretty cool, but what about the actual Loading Ready Run website? Will that still be going on or will that close down because of the video's coming straight to here?

m_i_rite

Oct 19, 2009
They said that their website is staying up.

I'm very excited to here this, it's nice to see LRR is doing so well.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
HardRockSamurai said:
[HEADING=1]HOORAY!!![/HEADING]

You couldn't have put it better mate! Infact, let me add to those fireworks...

[HEADING=1]HUZZAAAAAAAAAAR![/HEADING]

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Simalacrum said:
HardRockSamurai said:
[HEADING=1]HOORAY!!![/HEADING]

You couldn't have put it better mate! Infact, let me add to those fireworks...

[HEADING=1]HUZZAAAAAAAAAAR![/HEADING]

Bring in some more fireworks for a grand celebration.
http://blog.lib.umn.edu/logem006/architecture/fireworks.jpg

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
While, yes. It is awesome news, I have a question.

Is this going to replace any of the weekly entries?

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Wow. It makes my head dizzy to see an Escapist article in this dry press-release form after getting used to their snappy news with funny commentary.

I keep forgetting to go take a look at LRR, even though I knew them before Unskippable and I really love it. Maybe I'll remember now that it's being thrown at my face (or at least my RSS feed).

Le_Lisra

norwegian cat
Jun 6, 2009
I really just jumped into the whole bunch of LRR vids.. and I as well believe these are great news for both parties. :)

This site just keeps getting better.

Now they only need to axe apocalypse lane. ;)