The Escapist Presents Loading Ready Run

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
Simalacrum said:
HardRockSamurai said:
[HEADING=1]HOORAY!!![/HEADING]

You couldn't have put it better mate! Infact, let me add to those fireworks...

[HEADING=1]HUZZAAAAAAAAAAR![/HEADING]

oh you did it so much better.

but prepare to be out done:

...actually it doesn't really matter, i check up on LRR 2 times a week so i never miss any, and the fact that there will now be 3 shows made by the same guys is kinda disappointing, would be better if they added some new minds and humor instead of just more of the same, but i guess the videogame magazines should be a mirror of the videogame industry (Apocalypse Lane would be a game like braid, phyconauts and machinarium combined)

sln333

Jun 22, 2009
That's really cool. I like Unskippable and ENN a lot. I never watched their other videos, but having them on the Escapist makes it more convenient for me, and better for the Escapist community.

Apr 24, 2009
Graham and Paul are Canadian?!?! from Victoria?! AND THEIR VIDEOS ARE COMING TO THE ESCAPIST!!!! YEAAAAA

(see above posts for fireworks and huzzahs)

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
The Random One said:
Wow. It makes my head dizzy to see an Escapist article in this dry press-release form after getting used to their snappy news with funny commentary.
Nah - that's just classic Spinwhiz. He always posts like this.

[sub]<..>

I think he's a robot.[/sub]
Of course he's a robot. I'm sure he's posted the words 'cinematic' and 'compelling' at some stage...

Anyway, great news! Since Unskippable and ENN I've been meaning to head over to LoadingReadyRun, especially with the Desert Bus, so this is brilliant news. It's an amalgamation of my favourite website and the one I was most looking forward to checking out, after all. What could be more awesome than that?

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Samuel_of_Saruan said:
While, yes. It is awesome news, I have a question.

Is this going to replace any of the weekly entries?
Nope.

Also, the Loading Ready Run website will continue. They'll still have their podcast and behind-the-scenes videos and community up there, plus more probably. The new videos will appear at The Escapist, but LoadingReadyRun.com will not die.

pilf

Apr 23, 2008
Am I the only one who isn't instantly overjoyed by this news? I just see this as an odd and possibly bad move for the guys but, as long as the website stays and The Escapist doesn't steal all videos from the site (and by that i mean The Escapist getting all new videos, not just the Monday LRR) everything could be good.

grey_painter

Feb 10, 2009
Furburt said:
Well, everyone kind of watches them on Youtube now. If LRR have to have their videos somewhere, they might as well be making money off it (Will they be making money off it?)
They'd better, they've worked hard enough at it over the years. Good for the LRR crew, though this probably wont change anything for me apart from what site I go to every Tuesday.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
I haven't actually heard of them, but they are Canadian so fuck YEAH!

I look forward to the new series in hopes it is as funny as other Escapist shows.

akmarksman

Mar 28, 2008
you guys didn't seem this jubilant when _____ studio/game company was bought out by EA or Activision..

How is this not the same thing?

Sad to hear about LRR.

Tim_LRR

Nov 16, 2009
It's great to see so many people excited about this!

We're absolutely thrilled, and we look forward to entertaining everyone who's excited, and putting to rest all of the reservations that anyone who isn't fully sold on this concept has.

I'm really looking forward to January, and I hope the rest of you are, too.

Edit:
akmarksman said:
you guys didn't seem this jubilant when _____ studio/game company was bought out by EA or Activision..

How is this not the same thing?

Sad to hear about LRR.
I appreciate your concern, but we're looking at this like a publishing deal. The Escapist will be publishing our regular videos, but we're still our own company and we still have full control over our creativity. Really, we haven't been "bought out"; it's more like we've signed a marketing deal.

I hope you'll still stick around until January to see how this actually affects our videos. I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

korandder

Astronoob
Nov 25, 2009
Good to see LoadingReadyRun get a distribution deal. After many years of hard work it looks like LoadingReadyRun can be more of a thing.

(I am a long time member of the LRR forums and this announcement prompted me to join the Escapist forums. However I expect the LRR community to stay on the LRR forums.)

Numbert

May 15, 2008
Awesome news. I love LRR and I love the Escapist, so this is very convenient. Made of win guys.

Jul 9, 2008
Russ Pitts said:
Samuel_of_Saruan said:
While, yes. It is awesome news, I have a question.

Is this going to replace any of the weekly entries?
Nope.

Also, the Loading Ready Run website will continue. They'll still have their podcast and behind-the-scenes videos and community up there, plus more probably. The new videos will appear at The Escapist, but LoadingReadyRun.com will not die.
Okay, not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but any way we can get Daniel Floyd now in addition? I mean, since you're clearly hiring...

CD repo man

Sep 10, 2009
Hooray for LRRRRRRRR! I'll still visit the original site, but now i can watch all the LRR and LRR affiliated videos in one place. Yay for being lazy.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Well I can honestly say that I'm looking forward to it. Graham and Paul et al are comic geniuses and I cannot wait to see more of their material on this site.
korandder said:
(I am a long time member of the LRR forums and this announcement prompted me to join the Escapist forums. However I expect the LRR community to stay on the LRR forums.)
Welcome to the Escapist! Hope you enjoy your stay!