The Escapist Presents: NY Comic Con 09: Cryptic Studio

InventiveHero

Oct 2, 2008
NY Comic Con 09: Cryptic Studio

A World of Her PWN interviews Cryptic Studio about Star Trek Online and Champions Online for The Escapist.

Watch Video

Archon

Nov 12, 2002
How very meta! Our fictional magazine reviews a real-world event on fictional assignment for our real-world publication.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
I'll be interested to see how the Star Trek one develops, but I'm not getting my hopes up yet. Mostly likely, it'll be a standard MMO template with a Sci-Fi theme.

Archon said:
How very meta! Our fictional magazine reviews a real-world event on fictional assignment for our real-world publication.
Indeed! Will "world of her pwn" return?

Kiroshimatsu

Oct 17, 2008
I'm excited for Star Trek Online!

I kind of sounds like a beam-able version of Spore, where you can ACTUALLY talk to people face to face.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
They do look neat, but star trek has definatly taken POINTERS (not copied) Mass Effect.

xxDarlenexx

Dec 24, 2008
Archon said:

Kind of blows your mind, doesn't it? ;-) All in a day's work!

I really want to hear the fan reaction when the Star Trek game is released fully. Like he said, the fans are LEGENDARY and if you can please them ya' did good!

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Star Trek online looks suprisingly cool. I'm not a trekky myself, but the race creator looks very, very cool.

I've been looking forward to Champions as well. Though, it has to be said, DC universe is starting to look more appealing. We'll juts have to wait and see, Crytic certainly has had more experience with this kind of MMO.