The Escapist Presents: Olav & the Lute

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Olav & the Lute

Explore a strange fantasy world with your world-changing lute in the free to play adventure game Olav & the Lute.

Watch Video

Rainforce

Apr 20, 2009
A Loom based game? COUNT ME IN : D!
Sad that it's so short, although loom wasn't that long either, if you knew what you were doing or just had some common sense.
(it was great to play at the age of 7, though)

geier

Oct 15, 2010
So it's a game were the hero uses a instrument and the melodies he lernes to solve problems and advance in the game.
Conclusion:

It's a low grafik point and click adventure version of Ocarina of time.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
These days, I'm very used to the classic point and click adventure games being extremely short since most of the ones I consume come from flash games. The type of "escape the room" style games with a few unique ones thrown in there.

Based solely on this video, Olav and the Lute seems to have a charming amount of weirdness to it that gives it a very unique atmosphere, and I like the fact that you have to figure out some of the puzzles musically. Not just that you have to play a specific song, but that you might have to play it backwards to get the opposing effect.

Definitely going to give this game a playthrough now. I would have never heard of it if I hadn't seen it here.

Jenx

Dec 5, 2007
geier said:
So it's a game were the hero uses a instrument and the melodies he lernes to solve problems and advance in the game.
Conclusion:

It's a low grafik point and click adventure version of Ocarina of time.
This post brings me much despair and you should really feel bad for saying this.

This game is basically Loom.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Yes this is a really cool little game, in many ways like Loom indeed, but with some quirky humour.