The Escapist Presents: Preview: Xbox Dashboard Update 2010

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Maraveno said:
Susan Arendt said:
Preview: Xbox Dashboard Update 2010

Susan Arendt previews the next update for the Xbox Live Dashboard.

Watch Video
any idea why they changed the kickass 3d-ish (old skool 3d as in video game 3d) panels to 2d dull squares?
My guess? To make it easier to use with Kinect.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
Digikid said:
Hmm....the side to side looks retarded. It was way better "fading into the background". This is a step backwards....not forwards. It would be smart of Microsoft to actually let us CHOOSE what direction we want the panels to go instead.

Otherwise could not give a damn for some stupid sports junk. I hate sports. The Zune channel I was hoping that they would just remove that and go back to the older way of playing videos.
Thank you! The Zune thing just makes browsing through videos much more time consuming because you have to load it. And we still have video marketplace for game videos... which is completely separate and hard to access. wtf?

And I really don't like the new look. It's like going from Windows 7 to Windows 95. Why would you make something look less good? It's also harder to navigate seeing as there are less windows on the screen at a time so you have to scroll just to find out what's further along. Ugh. If this is an optional update, I'm not downloading. (But I doubt I'll have any choice.)

I actually have zero interest in any of the features mentioned in this video.

And can you please tell us what the Sasquatch wanted to give you? That was the most interesting part of the video and you just ignored it.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
Hamster at Dawn said:
Digikid said:
Hmm....the side to side looks retarded. It was way better "fading into the background". This is a step backwards....not forwards. It would be smart of Microsoft to actually let us CHOOSE what direction we want the panels to go instead.

Otherwise could not give a damn for some stupid sports junk. I hate sports. The Zune channel I was hoping that they would just remove that and go back to the older way of playing videos.
Thank you! The Zune thing just makes browsing through videos much more time consuming because you have to load it. And we still have video marketplace for game videos... which is completely separate and hard to access. wtf?

And I really don't like the new look. It's like going from Windows 7 to Windows 95. Why would you make something look less good? It's also harder to navigate seeing as there are less windows on the screen at a time so you have to scroll just to find out what's further along. Ugh. If this is an optional update, I'm not downloading. (But I doubt I'll have any choice.)

I actually have zero interest in any of the features mentioned in this video.

And can you please tell us what the Sasquatch wanted to give you? That was the most interesting part of the video and you just ignored it.
Well said. I hope that Microsoft is listening and changes it back....which I highly doubt. Its Microsoft. LOL!!!

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
Wow, John Funk sure sounds a lot like Susan Arendt these days.

Also, I just think the new dashboard, from what I can see in the video, just looks bulkier and, if I'm perfectly honest here, uglier compared to what there is now.

CryptoKeyblade

Aug 2, 2009
great its updating stuff i never use and fucks up the visuals of the menus.
For once I'm glad my xbox cant connect to the internet now

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
I can't be the only person who never uses any the stuff like zune etc. I have a TV, why would I need that stuff?
You also have a computer, so why would you pay any extra then you need to for stuff like that? I still don't get how XBL is made a sweeter deal by having you pay for stuff that may also require a subscription fee on top of Gold.