The Escapist Presents: Research Triangle Game Industry

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Research Triangle Game Industry

The Research Triangle area is quickly growing to rival the game industry sectors around the rest of the country.

Watch Video

Brainst0rm

Apr 8, 2010
That was...cool.

Je ne comprende pas "the point" of posting it here, but at least it was interesting.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
RanD00M said:
That was very cool.
And fairly informative to boot.
Ill say, game lot to think about, and the whole idea of it all been in one place is a great idea for development purposes!

MNRA

Jun 8, 2009
Why is there a five minute commercial advertised as a escapist video?

ahiddenfigure

Hunter of Monsters
Sep 14, 2009
I had a major lol at the guy at 2:55
Many times when people hear that you work on video games for a living, the inclination is to think that we sit around and play games all day, and that's not true.
I mean, we play games well into the night as well!

Jake Lockley

Apr 23, 2008
It took them over a minute to mention where research triangle was (for some reason they think there's only one in the US??). THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT NORTH CAROLINA!!!

nmaster64

Nov 7, 2007
Hey it's my town! Hey it's my old school! Hey it's my old professor Dr. Young! Hey it's that convention I go to every year!

Seriously, love this area. I mean, take a look: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gamedevnet/4579481167/sizes/o/

And there's QUITE a few more.

MNRA said:
Care to guess where Escapist HQ is located? I'm building a collection of Escapist swag from all the events I run into them at...

Freyar

Solar Empire General
May 9, 2008
I'm scratching my head, are they trying to get me to move to North Carolina or something?

I think the intended audience was missed here.

IanBrazen

Oct 17, 2008
Team Hollywood said:

The Research Triangle area is quickly growing to rival the game industry sectors around the rest of the country.

Watch Video
I actually live right next to research triangle park...
everyone jealous now?

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
MNRA said:
Yeah, that was my impression. You wouldn't have gotten away with putting something like that in the forum. I guess the Escapist's just looking for more ways to make cash?

IanBrazen

Oct 17, 2008
Wicky_42 said:
MNRA said:
Yeah, that was my impression. You wouldn't have gotten away with putting something like that in the forum. I guess the Escapist's just looking for more ways to make cash?
you two have a very good point, that was pretty much an advertisement.

Seatownstriker

May 19, 2010
IanBrazen said:
Team Hollywood said:

Watch Video
I actually live right next to research triangle park...
everyone jealous now?
Nope not jealous. I live a few miles from Bungie, Microsoft, Nintendo, Popcap games, Nc Soft,and a few others I'm sure that I'm forgetting. And have a few friends in those various companies that I talk to regularly. Its nice having these contacts as I would like to get into the gaming industry. Getting my degree in computer animation at the moment.

Nice to know there is another hub for this stuff. Just in case I ever wanna move to the east coast.