The Escapist Presents: Star Panels at Dragon*Con

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Star Panels at Dragon*Con

From Firefly to Mythbusters, the stars and casts from some of your favorite shows were on hand for your questions at Dragon*Con 2010.

Watch Video

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Great now I wish I was there, Firefly and Mythbusters. I probably would have died out of pure fan satisfaction.

fu3lman

Nov 17, 2008
The standing ovation for Adam Savage at the end was, I felt, very appropriate.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Some great panels! The Eureka one made me laugh so hard!

Supraliminal

Jul 18, 2009
Always when I'm watching a video taped panel discussion of anything, I hope somebody would have made subtitles for it. I just can't make up what they are saying over all the murmur and expressions of mirth.

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
I'm with supraluminal, I could hardly make out any of that. If you're not able to actually dub on the audio feeds direct from the mics, could you do us a favour and caption THE WHOLE THING rather than just the one line that Summer says? I even had to wind back the last thing Adam said, as it disappeared into the sonic murk.
I hate to critise like that, but it's pretty bad - very echoey, feedbacky and resonant from being recorded off the ambient sound - and there's obviously the capability there to caption it, as that one line already has been.

Wakefield

Aug 3, 2009
I was laughing at the Firefly part. I need to go to Dragon-Con one of these times. Or at least a major one.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Those are some cool panels... and the Eureka/Warehouse 13 group have shown a very high level of sanity in my book :p

flirl21187

Jun 28, 2010
Emergent System said:
Why was the firefly cast there? Are they promoting their years-ago cancelled show?
No. Believe it or not, there are still many, many people who care about their "years-ago cancelled show". Have you seen it? Maybe if you had, you'd understand.

And its not like thats the only thing they've done. Many have gone on to do other things, which the fans are excited to hear about.

That is one of the major appeals of the show, the fan base. We were the ones who got the movie made, and we're the ones who keep the love of Joss and those who work with him going.

They were fabulous, and funny, and very, very gracious with the fans. Always are, in fact.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Emergent System said:
Why was the firefly cast there? Are they promoting their years-ago cancelled show?
Promoting?

No.

A more accurate word would be "basking".

OT: As far as amusement value goes, that one was a dead heat between Summer Glau and Adam Savage.

Meander112

Spiritual Scientific Skeptic
Jan 26, 2010
I was at Dragon*Con 2009. It was utterly awesome. I was at both Adam Savage panels, and they were both utterly spiff. He even talked about upcoming MythBusters episodes. They're revisiting "Underwater Car", since most cars that go into the water sink upside down.

The nice thing about Dragon*Con is that, unlike SDCC, it's not about promoting a product. There are whole events at Dragon*Con that you would never see at SDCC, since it's not promoting something. At Dragon*Con this year, I actually ran into someone from San Diego. He said that he actually prefers Dragon*Con to SDCC, since it's about what the fans are interested in, rather than what Hollywood wants to promote to geeks.

Oh, and if you want to get videos of whole panels, you should be able to buy a DVD at some point in the future. All the big panels are taped and show on a TV channel that each host hotel runs for the con. I figure the con organizers just plunk that stuff onto a DVD.

Also, DragonConTV rocks: http://www.youtube.com/user/DragonConTV

The Human Torch

Sep 12, 2010
Could barely understand anything, the music they put underneath did not help at all. A transcript would be nice. :p