The Escapist Presents: Starcraft 101: Protoss

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Starcraft 101: Protoss

Team Escapist has constructed additional Pylons to show you the Protoss race from the Starcraft 2 beta.

Watch Video

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Your shiny little Colossi are no match for Mutalisks, Greg.

We learned that last night.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
The 'toss were my favorite race in the first game. I still haven't decided whether I'll get SC2, but if I do I'll certainly be maining them again.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
John Funk said:

Oh no you didn't!

Mods trash talking each other? It's about to go down!

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Hubilub said:
John Funk said:

Oh no you didn't!

The only thing that went down was his base at the hands (er, claws?) of the swarm.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
John Funk said:
Hubilub said:
John Funk said:

Oh no you didn't!

The only thing that went down was his base at the hands (er, claws?) of the swarm.
Thank god that the matchmaking is so brilliant, otherwise it may have put me up against his Funkness himself.

Hurray for my poor playing skills!

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
John Funk said:
Hubilub said:
John Funk said:

Oh no you didn't!

Slycne and I did win 3 matches out of 5 though. The only thing that went down was your quick expansions at the hand of my three zealots.

Who's laughing now, Funk?

Nick Holmgren

Feb 13, 2010
Is it just me or does this just cover enough info to get you prepared for the bronze league? Really this isn't close to the detail you'd need to go silver or higher from what I've seen.

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
John Funk said:

Does the mighty carrier unit still win you the game if you get 12 of them fully upgraded?

I destroyed so many opponents like that.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Nick Holmgren said:
Is it just me or does this just cover enough info to get you prepared for the bronze league? Really this isn't close to the detail you'd need to go silver or higher from what I've seen.
We're not trying to do utterly comprehensive strategy guides. For those, you'd be better served going to sites like Team Liquid. These are just kind of introductions to the races and some of the new shinies :)

Greg Tito said:
John Funk said:
Hubilub said:
John Funk said:

Oh no you didn't!

Slycne and I did win 3 matches out of 5 though. The only thing that went down was your quick expansions at the hand of my three zealots.

Who's laughing now, Funk?
Yeah, let's see you laugh when you don't have the most experienced of the four on your side harassing me with Reapers. You wanna 1v1, biznitch? You wanna 1v1?

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
Nick Holmgren said:
Hence the 101, this isn't a 600 level course. ;)

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
This is going to be intresting, lmao.

Sounds like it was definetly good fun! I cant wait for the game to be released so I can have a shot at kicking some butt with an old favourite turned shinny new!

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
The Zerg deffinately got the best video here, enough to make me want to try them but then realize I still suck with them. This Protoss video is still good, just the Terran was kind of meh, and they're my favorites.

Baconmonster723

Mar 4, 2009
I have an awesome idea mods. Could you save your battles and show them? That would be AMAZING. I would love all of you forever.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
This is so awesome.

This is so awesome.

This is so awesome. *twitch*

(somebody please slap me)

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Baconmonster723 said:
I have an awesome idea mods. Could you save your battles and show them? That would be AMAZING. I would love all of you forever.
I'm not going to say anything beyond this, but we have one final piece of SC2 beta content planned for next week... :)

Baconmonster723

Mar 4, 2009
John Funk said:
Baconmonster723 said:
I'm not going to say anything beyond this, but we have one final piece of SC2 beta content planned for next week... :)
*falls out of chair*

*twitch*

*twitch*

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
John Funk said:
Yeah, let's see you laugh when you don't have the most experienced of the four on your side harassing me with Reapers. You wanna 1v1, biznitch? You wanna 1v1?
Reapers? What Reapers? Hey look over there at those Zealots attacking the front of your base. Oh , you didn't need all these workers and that Roach Warren right?

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Slycne said:
John Funk said:
Reapers? What Reapers? Hey look over there at those Zealots attacking the front of your base. Oh , you didn't need all these workers and that Roach Warren right?
For what it's worth, I beat like five-six of your Reapers with two Roaches, so...