The Escapist Presents: Starcraft 101: Showdown

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Looks like it was definetly good fun! I enjoyed watching it and commentry was fun too!

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
If I were playing against any of you I'd have been run right over. Fun to watch people play on Battle.net, but I hate playing since I suck so hard.

the_maestro_sartori

Nov 8, 2009
That was awesome, good work guys, really fun to watch that and I've loved all the starcraft content so far.
Though I've not been lucky to get onto the Beta myself, I agree, the colossi do look like they do TERRIBLE damage :p

Hutchy_Bear

May 12, 2009
That was freakin awesome! That was so much fun to watch and I would love to see a free for all / Escapist tournament. I want to see more TERRIBLE TERRIBLE DAMAGE!

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
This video did terrible damage. My favorite bit was,

"Funk actually admitted that was a complete accident."
"Shut the F-, were starting this thing over Jordan"

oneplus999

Oct 4, 2007
If anyone out there is craving more good starcraft 2 replays, I would strongly recommend the Day9 Dailies. This guy really knows what he's talking about, he's fun to listen to, and he is good friends with a lot of really high level sc, wc3, and now sc2 players.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=104154

But yeah, watching a bunch of guys who don't really know what they're doing is pretty fun too :D you guys still had some decent strategy, like the tank drop, even if micro was definitely lacking from some players.

kaziard

Oct 28, 2008
im not ashamed to say that those colossi made me cream :p cant wait to get my grubby little mitts on this game :D

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
Can I get your identifiers please? I need more medium-skill leveled players to play with, I just get dominated on the ladder unless I cheese rush <_<

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Interesting video :)
Good to know not everyone is amazing (despite how it seems online)

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
I can't wait to play this game. I just can't play with other people, I suck at playing MP with this game. I can only play SP or against a computer AND using the cheats

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
I really like the Colossi's design :D
also, large amount of Colossi+ Mid amount of Immortals+ Mid amount of Zealot seems pretty good, but then again you need to be strategic with them :)

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
Melancholy_Ocelot said:
Red Alert 2
You, good sir, are fucking awesome - RA2 is possibly my all-time favourite RTS - Just 'cause it's so cool.

OT: Interesting fight, I need to get this game (yeah yeah I know I should have it already).

steeple

Death by tray it shall be
Dec 2, 2008
now that looks like fun, with all the lasers and mutalisks and terrible damage...

also, reapers look awesome!

Lemon Of Life

Jul 8, 2009
Dang, I want this game so bad.

Is it possible to get the original Starcraft on Vista? I just want to play it, if only one more time...

sigma83

Oct 26, 2009
*amateur advice mode* Protoss anti-air is pretty weak. Stalkers aren't all that great, and he didn't have any Sentries to reduce inbound ranged damage. An equivalent force of vikings and banshees would've slaughtered the colossi if you took out the stalkers first, with scanner sweep being used to clear the area of observers.

Of course it's easy to say all this in hindsight. =P

Also, why would he need mutalisks to help handle banshees? Marines should work fine in their own right.