Jun 26, 2009
SC2 group anyone?

I'm still sad that I didn't get a beta key invitation though T_T

so when is open beta?

Nikajo

Feb 6, 2009
Lemon Of Life said:
Dang, I want this game so bad.

Is it possible to get the original Starcraft on Vista? I just want to play it, if only one more time...
Yes I have Vista and SC1 works fine on it. I find that I have to turn my display colour down to 16bit though otherwise your colours on the game will be all screwy. Unless you like the psychadelic look :)

OT: Good video, and yeah it was nice to see some normal players having a go rather than the impossible feats that some people seem to achieve on the youtube videos. I'm not convinced that I will ever get the hang of micromanagement!

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Enjoyable match. Hope there'll be an opportunity to play against some of the Escapist staff come release time as my betakey still seems to be stuck in Blizzard's backlog *cough*

Remzer

Provider of Nutrients
Jul 29, 2009
Eric the Orange said:
I have to admit from my personal stand point I liked this better than the "professional" matches that are put up. reason being is that while I like RTS games a lot I am admittedly not good at them. Even the players here are noticeably better than me. So watching the real hardcore games is more confusing than entertaining to me.
This.

Fun to watch, guys!

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
sigma83 said:
Aptspire said:
I really like the Colossi's design :D
also, large amount of Colossi+ Mid amount of Immortals+ Mid amount of Zealot seems pretty good, but then again you need to be strategic with them :)
That setup would get absolutely destroyed by any kind of air force. I'm not actually sure how to defend against air as protoss yet. Stalkers don't quite cut it. Maybe psi storm?
Stalkers wreck Vikings, Mutalisks in similar numbers, and Corruptors.

Sentries rock Mutalisks and Banshee's hard. They do extra to light, have a fast attack, and can use Guardian Sheild to reduce damage they take.

Anyone pumping out a dedicated air force will decimate Protoss unless Protoss wins before they can amass a critical number, though.

Horticulture

Feb 27, 2009
What league are each of you in on b.net? HDStarcraft and most of the other youtuube casters are Platinum, so it's hard to get a sense of where other skill levels fall.

Polock

Jan 23, 2010
Calatar said:
oneplus999 said:
If anyone out there is craving more good starcraft 2 replays, I would strongly recommend the Day9 Dailies. This guy really knows what he's talking about, he's fun to listen to, and he is good friends with a lot of really high level sc, wc3, and now sc2 players.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=104154
Currently my two favorite casters are HDStarcraft and HuskyStarcraft (youtube channels).
I'd had no prior Starcraft experience, but these two have done a very good job of explaining the units and player choices in an understandable way. They're also very enthusiastic about Starcraft, sometimes hilariously so when they get excited and start yelling about some especially good micro or nukes coming down.

Here's a dual-cast they did on an epic matchup.
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

If that doesn't give you a new appreciation of Starcraft 2, I don't know what will.
I think Starcraft 2 stands a pretty good chance of becoming a new "eSport."

I love HD Starcraft and Husky! That match between Littleone and Nazgul was awesome.

Glad im not the only one.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Horticulture said:
What league are each of you in on b.net? HDStarcraft and most of the other youtuube casters are Platinum, so it's hard to get a sense of where other skill levels fall.
They recently reset the rankings so most of us our settling back in the ladder, but I believe Funk and I are Bronze and Tito and Jordan are Copper.

A few people have asked for ids, feel free to add Slycne.slycne and just send me a message when I am on if you want to play a match or two.

Horticulture

Feb 27, 2009
Slycne said:
Horticulture said:
They recently reset the rankings so most of us our settling back in the ladder, but I believe Funk and I are Bronze and Tito and Jordan are Copper.

A few people have asked for ids, feel free to add Slycne.slycne and just send me a message when I am on if you want to play a match or two.
It's equal parts reassuring and terrifying to know that battle.net didn't lose the brutal player skill curve in its newest incarnation :D

Sadly, I don't have beta access atm, but I'll look you up if I get in.

Axzarious

Feb 18, 2010
Slycne said:
Horticulture said:

Bah! Tried adding you, but you seem to be on a different "Realm" than me. Its annoying that you cannot choose or even see what realm you belong to.

My ID Is Axzarious.axzarious by the way.

Mozared

Mar 26, 2009
Melancholy_Ocelot said:
I'll be honest, this was pretty interesting to watch. I've been getting back into the RTS genera with Red Alert 2 lately (never got into Starcraft).

I wouldn't mind seeing more videos like this.
This. I really liked watching this. Obviously the Battle Reports are more 'informative' about what's going on and all, but I didn't mind watching some people play who for once didn't clock around 500 actions per minute. It was easier to relate to.

Nice job =)

ZergInfestedJesus

Oct 31, 2007
Quick tip of advice guys. When you start a replay the speed starts on "fast". However "faster" is the actual speed the game naturally moves at. So what we watched was essentially in slower motion.

pejhmon

Mar 2, 2010
ssgt splatter said:
I can't wait to play this game. I just can't play with other people, I suck at playing MP with this game. I can only play SP or against a computer AND using the cheats
I remember the computer players in SC1, they were brutal!!! I only ever had a chance at beating them on island maps where I heavily fortified my base and waited for them to empty the world's resources trying to break through :p. Attack was never an option (except on their expansions).

gelles

Nov 28, 2009
Just finished my qualifying matches (Bronze league!). This was great to watch and I hope to see you guys around!