The Escapist Presents: Starcraft 2 101: Showdown #2

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Starcraft 2 101: Showdown #2

Team Escapist is back for Round 2 in a 2v2 Starcraft 2 match. The teams are Jordan Deam [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Slycne].

Watch Video

Mukil

Mar 23, 2010
I cannot wait to play this game!! The more i see you guys play it, the more it reminds me of my warcraft 3 days

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
lmao, you guys are having so much fun with it, huh? =D

Cant wait to play it myself!!!

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
newbienator said:
So that makes it 1-1?
Does that mean we're going to see a big bragging rights final?
If we totaled all of the matches we have played for these videos, Tito and I are a match or two ahead, but it's still pretty close. We usually do 5 match sets and I will cut the video from the most interesting one.

oneplus999

Oct 4, 2007
I've been having a lot of trouble w/ mass mutas. Vikings are good, but much less useful after zerg tech-switches to hydras. Thors destroy them, but they are so slow that a good zerg player will just hop around the map. Getting the range and armor upgrades on your turrets are good, but being static, they still will go down to mass mutas pretty quick. Marines are also not great, since they go down so quick and can't stack on top of each other like mutas.

Dobrev

Mar 25, 2009
You lost because Greg Tito made 5 warp rays and didn't do any damage with them. You realy need to kill a hatchery or a queen for tehm to be worth the investment. Your teammate had good M&M army. If you had transitioned to ground army after the first group of rays and supported the terran with zealots and sentries for defense shield you could have easily crushed the zerg.

Polock

Jan 23, 2010
These are always fun to watch.

If you really like watching Starcraft 2 matches guys, search HD STARCRAFT on youtube for a really good commentator who commentates on pro matches. Its amazing what you see.

Motiv_

Jun 2, 2009
I just now realized what a badass last name Funk is.

But yeah, Protoss definitely should've gone the Colossus route, and the Terran should've gone all Anti Air, I.E maybe a shitton of Vikings and Marines, because most often people will focus on the Wikings, unaware of the massive rate of fire the Marines have, until the "Swarm" gets reduced to the "Graveyard".

GG

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
Well, that's one-one for both teams, though I would've liked to see a little bit of a swap on the team arrangements. Still, it's always good to see other players play Starcraft, even if just to remind me how terrible I am at it.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
oneplus999 said:
I've been having a lot of trouble w/ mass mutas. Vikings are good, but much less useful after zerg tech-switches to hydras. Thors destroy them, but they are so slow that a good zerg player will just hop around the map. Getting the range and armor upgrades on your turrets are good, but being static, they still will go down to mass mutas pretty quick. Marines are also not great, since they go down so quick and can't stack on top of each other like mutas.
Battle Cruisers are generally what Terrans want when dealing with mass Mutalisks.

Anyways, awesome match.

BiffyClyroEqualsSex

Nov 9, 2009
Well, that's one-one for both teams, though I would've liked to see a little bit of a swap on the team arrangements. Still, it's always good to see other players play Starcraft, even if just to remind me how terrible I am at it.

Same here, i love the game but I seriously suck.

Still going to get it when it comes out though.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
I have to agree these are fun to watch and it would be great if you would more of those.

Too bad my computer can't run it :(

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
I will reiterate what I said before...hurry up with the release date, Blizzard!!!

Goes

Jan 26, 2010
This is awesome! I only recently got into playing Starcraft (1) actually, but I'm lovin' every minute of it, so I can't wait for SC2. And since I have no beta key, I have to make do with watching you guys play it!

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Awesome stuff guys. These videos are most enjoyable and a nice expansion on the 101 videos with the extra units like the Raven and the Sunken thingymaboob. How many more do you have planned?