The Escapist Presents: Starcraft 2 101: Terran

Axzarious

Feb 18, 2010
Use the Pheonix to counter battlecruisers. Those direct AA are quite effective against large air. Corrupters for the zerg work well as well.

Science vessels were retarded against zerg in starcraft 1.... Build like 12 of them, have them all use irradiate on eachother, move over a zerg army... you insta gib everytyhing. Well, if they have tons of hydralisks you might need more, but.... Yeah, two irradiated vessels could easily spell doom to any of your expos unless you have several towers near there... and with the clumping tendancies of mutalisks, a single irratiate could wipe out a squad of 30 or more if you cant move the right one out of the way fast enough... which since they are often clumped due to that tendancy means your mutalisks are dead before you can do anything.

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
Tenmar said:
Agayek said:
This is mostly true, except that I've yet to find a solid, reliable counter to mass Battlecruisers as Protoss.

Void Rays just get shredded by cruisers, Stalkers don't do enough damage, and Carriers just get Yamato'd to oblivion.
Yeah in terms of massive air Protoss really do suffer especially if they get bursted down with Yamato cannons. However sad news is Protoss really don't have a bonus damage counter to the battlecruiser. The only real bonus damage that Protoss get is the Void Ray against battlecruisers because they get bonus to armored.

However quantity will destroy the quality and while equal number of carrier vs cruisers the cruisers will win, but having a massive amount of pheonix and void ray will be much better counter.

Also, always upgrade damage it makes the difference.
Personally, I don't focus on Protoss air units that much. I've found that a few groups of Dark Templars can easily slaughter opposing teams, time and time again.

I feel Protoss air is a bit weak though, like you said but I find Zerg air units to be worse off. The corrupter needs bit of a buff and even with so many mutalisks, they can be taken out easily by another races AA counter.

Ultralisks are incredible though. While they can only attack ground units, they slaughter by the masses. They're also FUCKING HUGE.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Ignoring the fact that Blizzard once again used other franchises to further expand their universe especially in the Terrans, I will make a reply to this Star Craft 2 thread.

Thankfully, I can ask for a copy of SC2 via my relatives in Korea. This game looks good so I'm going to buy it.

Gotta love the Thor.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
LOL @ Thor's Starcraft'd Conan the barbarian quote...

Man this game is probably going to eat my soul...

Dreyfuss

Nov 8, 2007
Tenmar said:
as crappy as the science vessel
Tenmar said:
it really changes the game to allow players to focus more on ground combat instead of mass air games only.
=_= Wow... just wow. You've clearly never played or watched a game of Starcraft between decent players.

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
Nice video, I haven't even gotten in the beta yet and I'm already planning strategies for sc2 lol. That marine + medivac combo seems pretty effective for early game rushes.

Also the thor is now my favorite terran unit, I thought he was awesome already but a schwartzenegger voice makes him that much better. I'll be doing bad movie quotes over ventrillo every time I build one. "remember when I said I'd kill you last... I LIED!" haha

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
I can't wait for the Protoss vid I want to see the early game massing capabilities in SC2 and when this comes out and I go and buy it I definitely want my first online game to be a 2v2 with me, mister Tito, mister Funk and the guy that made this vid, doubt it'll happen but I can dream can't I?

FOR ADUN!!!!

Dmatix

Feb 3, 2009
The Terran were always my favorites(probably because I'm not good enough to play the other two races well), so I'm glad they're getting the first campaign. Now let's just hope the game will be as good as it looks.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
fanklok said:
I can't wait for the Protoss vid I want to see the early game massing capabilities in SC2 and when this comes out and I go and buy it I definitely want my first online game to be a 2v2 with me, mister Tito, mister Funk and the guy that made this vid, doubt it'll happen but I can dream can't I?

FOR ADUN!!!!
Mass Zealots are fun. It takes a bit to get them out, but if you can do it, it wrecks things. Another good strat from before they nerfed the hell out of it was Dark Templar rushing. Tech to DTs and a Robotics facility (and research Warp Gates along the way). Crank out a Warp Prism, fly it over near their base and turn it into pylon mode. Then port your Dark Templars onto it and laugh as their workers are annihilated.

Not sure how viable it is since they doubled the research time for Warp Gates, but it was a blast before that.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
MurderousToaster said:
Can I ask if it's possible to zerg rush in this new Starcraft game?

[sub]kekekekeke[/sub]
Honestly? Not really. Zerglings are TERRIBLE now. If you have a zergling vs. a worker unit the working unit will win hands down. Furthermore, zergs now have roaches - a unit in between lings and hydras. Roaches are broken, they can burrow and recover all health in seconds.

The current consensus seems to be that zerg is OP and I believe it. Just have a roach/hydralisk swarm and you're untouchable.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
MurderousToaster said:
Can I ask if it's possible to zerg rush in this new Starcraft game?

[sub]kekekekeke[/sub]
Any race can 'rush', rushing just refers to a specific type a build order that forgoes making workers, like you normally would, in order to get units out sooner.

Most maps now have narrow ramps up to your starting base, so it's common to block that with buildings or units. Terrans, for instance, now have Supply Depots that can raise and lower so you usually see a Terran player block off his base with a Barracks and two Supply Depots, well before someone could get off a decent rush.

Really the best defense against rushes is simply to scout early and to be prepared for them. Rushes only work because someone is building/teching to quickly and isn't ready to fend off units. If you can beat back a rush then you can lean on a handicapped opponent for the rest of the game because his economy will be lagging way behind yours.