Ne1butme said:
Lonan said:
Ne1butme said:
Lonan said:
Ne1butme said:
Lonan said:
Ne1butme said:
Lonan said:
I won't be buying this game. After the World of Warcraft fiasco I wonder if Blizzard will find a way to make you pay for online gametime. It's just a better graphics version of Starcraft anyway, it's just for more money. It's heavily in favour of Blizzard's pockets, not you're enjoyment. Don't buy it.
What fiasco?
I wasted hours, days, weeks, and maybe even months playing that terrible, money sucking game. I even defended it. But I was wrong, a sucker to corporate before humanitarian considerations. I call it a fiasco.
http://www.cracked.com/article_18461_5-creepy-ways-video-games-are-trying-to-get-you-addicted.html
So what does that say about those of us who weren't stupid enough to fall for the evil corporation's nefarious enjoyment-giving mechanisms? If you get addicted, it's your own fault. Any addiction.

Also, nice trolling, well played. :)
Congratulations on snide insinuations about "trolling;" something which is born on the internet, which is generally a waste of time. And I never said it wasn't my fault I got addicted. I thought I was playing a game, when in reality it was just a ploy to keep you giving them money.
Welcome to capitalism: Getting people to pay for stuff and if you're lucky, getting people to continue to pay for stuff. It's like candy companies and their ploy to get people to buy their confections by making them delicious. Or Book publishing companies that conspire to make good products so that suckers are parted from their money.

And the only reason i brought up trolling is because i felt that you had to be joking. No one is that dim. But i guess i was wrong.

Anyways, 4-gate or 3-gate/robo push? Which would work better?
I'm well aware of capitalism, but I didn't think I needed to put that in because I didn't think anyone would be dim enough to think I wasn't aware of what it is. Apparently I was. I don't think you're joking, I think you're an arrogant prick who is finding reasons to defend a company has spent the past half decade making money off of false pretenses of a sequel to one of it's good game's, Warcraft. It's nothing but a money printing grind-fest, and yet people continue to rave about their games when this is why they took our money without giving us anything in return in the first place. Blizzard is only in it for the money, and they're lazy. They're riding on the success of people who have probably now left the company. I'm disgusted with them, but by all means equate that to me not being aware of capitalism.
Wow, just Wow. There a lot crazy to dig through here. False pretenses? You didn't know that MMOs generally have a recurring charge? Or that they are designed not to have a definite end? This isn't a new concept. Been around since at least UO and probably earlier.

I might be an arrogant prick, but ask yourself this: What video game has ever given anything to anyone besides hours of entertainment? Just like your cable television, or your internet subscription, you are paying for access to content.

Maybe you just don't like MMOs. That's fine. I don't play them either. But calling it a fiasco because blizzard delivered exactly what its vast audience wanted says a lot about your state of mind. I think you're a very angry and frustrated person, and I'm sorry you wasted your time and money on an activity that provided you absolutely no enjoyment. Maybe you should take up knitting. After you've grinded several levels of yarn, you get a sweater. That's way better than a mount or virtual pet.
Of course I knew MMO's have a recurring charge, I just thought it was to support the great game you're playing rather to support the Blizzard Massively High Pressure Money Tap Fund. And now that they almost drowned in their own hundreds, they want to make a sequel to one of the greatest RTS's ever. Why? To build a golden diving board for their pool of money. When Other game companies make games, they do it for the passion, the love of making a game everyone will enjoy, and yes to live well-off as well. When Blizzard makes a game, it's to be filthy rich. Yet everyone heaps praise on them as though they are actually one of the former, and it makes me angry and frusterated theat people are just lemmings jumping off a cliff into a pool of their own money, that they can't have. And I'm very aware that no one is forcing anyone to buy it, please don't bring that up again.
You're right. Since Blizzard was successful with WoW and made a ton of money, they should never ever make another game again. I agree with this so much that we should apply the 'Lonan Principle of Continued Success' to other fields. Apple should have stopped making computers after the IIe. Clearly the Macintosh and the IPOD are just naked cash grabs (or diving boards if you will). Steven Spielberg should have never directed another film after creating Jaws. He was already rich. He obviously only made Raiders, ET, Jurassic Park, Schindler's List, and Saving Private Ryan because he wanted more money.

Heck, even Bioware made a ton of money on KOTOR and Mass Effect. That should have satisfied them. But they had to go and make a continuation of one of the greatest RPGs ever and make it an MMO to boot. Applying the Lonan principle shows us that they are just treading on KOTOR's good name. Using it to sucker players into a vast money-making scheme. Because if Blizzard can't make another game without betraying their greedy mindset, why can Bioware?
My issue is not their success, but the means to the end, I don't think the end justifies the means unconditionally. Being successful is never a bad thing, it's a great thing, and you should ride on the success of you're previous success to become even greater. But Blizzard's "success" was not in making a great game, but in hyping up a sequel to the great games that were Warcraft so they could convince you to give them you're money in exchange for a bad game, and take away you're life as well in compensation. And yet everyone is head over heels for their next game, which is incredibly lacking in innovation, and it's only merit is that Starcraft was good. Starcraft II is just a hyped up version of the DOW franchise, and I personally think is inferior to them. It's just the same thing with shiny new graphics but no one made this fuss for Chaos Rising, just for Starcraft because Blizzard knows how to get people addicted. They are the same thing, a sci-fi RTS with good graphics.
Ok, yeah, this guy is DEFINITELY a troll. No-one's actually this foolish. Let's stop feeding him now, shall we?
You're utterly failing to address my points, you are simply inventing words like troll to describe those who disagree with you're opinion.
Yes, all you guys should be ashamed for inventing the word 'troll'. Listen to this person, he's clearly serious.

Sir Bob

Jan 14, 2010
Ne1butme said:
Lonan said:
Wicky_42 said:
Lonan said:
Ne1butme said:
Lonan said:
Ne1butme said:
Lonan said:
Ne1butme said:
Lonan said:
Ne1butme said:
Lonan said:
Ne1butme said:
Lonan said:
I won't be buying this game. After the World of Warcraft fiasco I wonder if Blizzard will find a way to make you pay for online gametime. It's just a better graphics version of Starcraft anyway, it's just for more money. It's heavily in favour of Blizzard's pockets, not you're enjoyment. Don't buy it.
What fiasco?
I wasted hours, days, weeks, and maybe even months playing that terrible, money sucking game. I even defended it. But I was wrong, a sucker to corporate before humanitarian considerations. I call it a fiasco.
http://www.cracked.com/article_18461_5-creepy-ways-video-games-are-trying-to-get-you-addicted.html
So what does that say about those of us who weren't stupid enough to fall for the evil corporation's nefarious enjoyment-giving mechanisms? If you get addicted, it's your own fault. Any addiction.

Congratulations on snide insinuations about "trolling;" something which is born on the internet, which is generally a waste of time. And I never said it wasn't my fault I got addicted. I thought I was playing a game, when in reality it was just a ploy to keep you giving them money.
Welcome to capitalism: Getting people to pay for stuff and if you're lucky, getting people to continue to pay for stuff. It's like candy companies and their ploy to get people to buy their confections by making them delicious. Or Book publishing companies that conspire to make good products so that suckers are parted from their money.

And the only reason i brought up trolling is because i felt that you had to be joking. No one is that dim. But i guess i was wrong.

I'm well aware of capitalism, but I didn't think I needed to put that in because I didn't think anyone would be dim enough to think I wasn't aware of what it is. Apparently I was. I don't think you're joking, I think you're an arrogant prick who is finding reasons to defend a company has spent the past half decade making money off of false pretenses of a sequel to one of it's good game's, Warcraft. It's nothing but a money printing grind-fest, and yet people continue to rave about their games when this is why they took our money without giving us anything in return in the first place. Blizzard is only in it for the money, and they're lazy. They're riding on the success of people who have probably now left the company. I'm disgusted with them, but by all means equate that to me not being aware of capitalism.
Wow, just Wow. There a lot crazy to dig through here. False pretenses? You didn't know that MMOs generally have a recurring charge? Or that they are designed not to have a definite end? This isn't a new concept. Been around since at least UO and probably earlier.

I might be an arrogant prick, but ask yourself this: What video game has ever given anything to anyone besides hours of entertainment? Just like your cable television, or your internet subscription, you are paying for access to content.

Maybe you just don't like MMOs. That's fine. I don't play them either. But calling it a fiasco because blizzard delivered exactly what its vast audience wanted says a lot about your state of mind. I think you're a very angry and frustrated person, and I'm sorry you wasted your time and money on an activity that provided you absolutely no enjoyment. Maybe you should take up knitting. After you've grinded several levels of yarn, you get a sweater. That's way better than a mount or virtual pet.
Of course I knew MMO's have a recurring charge, I just thought it was to support the great game you're playing rather to support the Blizzard Massively High Pressure Money Tap Fund. And now that they almost drowned in their own hundreds, they want to make a sequel to one of the greatest RTS's ever. Why? To build a golden diving board for their pool of money. When Other game companies make games, they do it for the passion, the love of making a game everyone will enjoy, and yes to live well-off as well. When Blizzard makes a game, it's to be filthy rich. Yet everyone heaps praise on them as though they are actually one of the former, and it makes me angry and frusterated theat people are just lemmings jumping off a cliff into a pool of their own money, that they can't have. And I'm very aware that no one is forcing anyone to buy it, please don't bring that up again.
You're right. Since Blizzard was successful with WoW and made a ton of money, they should never ever make another game again. I agree with this so much that we should apply the 'Lonan Principle of Continued Success' to other fields. Apple should have stopped making computers after the IIe. Clearly the Macintosh and the IPOD are just naked cash grabs (or diving boards if you will). Steven Spielberg should have never directed another film after creating Jaws. He was already rich. He obviously only made Raiders, ET, Jurassic Park, Schindler's List, and Saving Private Ryan because he wanted more money.

Heck, even Bioware made a ton of money on KOTOR and Mass Effect. That should have satisfied them. But they had to go and make a continuation of one of the greatest RPGs ever and make it an MMO to boot. Applying the Lonan principle shows us that they are just treading on KOTOR's good name. Using it to sucker players into a vast money-making scheme. Because if Blizzard can't make another game without betraying their greedy mindset, why can Bioware?
My issue is not their success, but the means to the end, I don't think the end justifies the means unconditionally. Being successful is never a bad thing, it's a great thing, and you should ride on the success of you're previous success to become even greater. But Blizzard's "success" was not in making a great game, but in hyping up a sequel to the great games that were Warcraft so they could convince you to give them you're money in exchange for a bad game, and take away you're life as well in compensation. And yet everyone is head over heels for their next game, which is incredibly lacking in innovation, and it's only merit is that Starcraft was good. Starcraft II is just a hyped up version of the DOW franchise, and I personally think is inferior to them. It's just the same thing with shiny new graphics but no one made this fuss for Chaos Rising, just for Starcraft because Blizzard knows how to get people addicted. They are the same thing, a sci-fi RTS with good graphics.
Ok, yeah, this guy is DEFINITELY a troll. No-one's actually this foolish. Let's stop feeding him now, shall we?
You're utterly failing to address my points, you are simply inventing words like troll to describe those who disagree with you're opinion.
Yes, all you guys should be ashamed for inventing the word 'troll'. Listen to this person, he's clearly serious.
Stop feeding the troll.

OT: Are you guys also a bit disappointed with the color pink in Starcraft 2? I am!

DeSpiner

Jan 25, 2010
Sir Bob said:
OT: Are you guys also a bit disappointed with the color pink in Starcraft 2? I am!
Pink? Haven't thought about that...
Doesn't really look like pink, it's closer to white.

As far as colors go, for me I found that Friend/Foe Green/Red works best.
Other than that, Orange looks great on Protoss, Green looks good on Zerg and Red/Blue on Terran.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
3 on vespene u nubs not 4! and never stop making workers, any extras u can move quickly to your expansion which YOU WILL NEED (you stop at around 60+ workers or about 2.5 bases saturated). so everything else are sound tips :D

Excludos

Sep 14, 2008
DeSpiner said:
Sir Bob said:
Pink? Haven't thought about that...
Doesn't really look like pink, it's closer to white.

As far as colors go, for me I found that Friend/Foe Green/Red works best.
Other than that, Orange looks great on Protoss, Green looks good on Zerg and Red/Blue on Terran.
Just don't try Green as Protoss. I swear I lost half my army somewhere on the map because they all blended in with the background. Also, blue on toss is quite cool now, because for some odd reason, it looks more like black'ish.

Sir Bob

Jan 14, 2010
About the colors: I REALLY have a hard time seeing which zerg units are those of my allies, and which are enemies.. :S Its so bad that I've almost lost games over it...

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
Ne1butme said:
Lonan said:
Wicky_42 said:
Lonan said:
Ne1butme said:
Lonan said:
Ne1butme said:
Lonan said:
Ne1butme said:
Lonan said:
Ne1butme said:
Lonan said:
Ne1butme said:
Lonan said:
What fiasco?

I'm aware that the word troll has been on the internet for a while, but I don't recognise it as a word. I would prefer if we could have a rational debate rather than throwing around insults though.

DeSpiner

Jan 25, 2010
Sir Bob said:
About the colors: I REALLY have a hard time seeing which zerg units are those of my allies, and which are enemies.. :S Its so bad that I've almost lost games over it...
That's why I prefer to use the Friend/Green - Foe/Red system. You can distinguish green from red pretty well, even on units of the same race, even between Zergs. The only place where you may have a problem with this system is FFA.

Sir Bob

Jan 14, 2010
Don Reba said:
More Starcraft videos, please. :)
There are several youtube channels with professional commentaries out there, to name some:
Achaia's channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SCBattleGrounds
(this one links to Husky's and HD's channels as well, both are also high quality)

And last but not least: MLG's channel has some SC2 as well: http://www.youtube.com/user/MajorLeagueGaming#g/u