The Escapist Presents: World of Her PWN Three

InventiveHero

Oct 2, 2008
World of Her PWN Three

Samantha gets the chance for the interview of a lifetime at NY Comicon, and Rick faces a hard choice between his career and his feelings for Samantha. Featuring Penny Arcade's Jerry Holkins and Mike Krahulik and The Escapist's Tom Endo.

Watch Video

The Harpomarxist

Dec 18, 2008
"Camera guy I didn't get the name of..."

Awesome job everyone, best episode yet! Makes me want to be geeky and heartbroken instead of just geeky! Looking forward to what you do with the next episode!

Jesperai

Feb 26, 2009
No no no! Don't leave me hangin' there!

This is by far, one of my favorite web series. I love the geeky humor and the great story arc between Rick and Samantha. Makes me wonder what underlying underlies the relationship between Charlie and Samantha.

I love this show.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Awwww! (good awww)

Anyway, I'm impressed you managed to get the Penny Arcade guys on the program.
Jesperai said:
Makes me wonder what underlying underlies the relationship between Charlie and Samantha.
Well, I think their just good friends. Or Charlie might be gay...I dunno!

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
The acting's a little forced, I've got to say. You guys should smooth it out a bit, make the scenes more natural so you're not pushing specific shots and lines and actions on the audience, to make sure they notice.

Good, otherwise.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Nerdfury said:
The acting's a little forced, I've got to say. You guys should smooth it out a bit, make the scenes more natural so you're not pushing specific shots and lines and actions on the audience, to make sure they notice.

Good, otherwise.
I suspect that was more the environment more than the actors. But still, I agree with you about the Gabe/Tycho bit at least.

Still, good episode!

xxDarlenexx

Dec 24, 2008
carnkhan4 said:
Toilet seat from dead like me? - now that's a niche joke!

Hey, whatever did happen to that toilet seat? Anyone know?

Gabe and Tycho were awesome. They were really swamped (damn right!) so it was really cool of them to give us their time. Tycho has my favorite line of the episode.

And big props to Tom Endo for being a man of many talents and jumping on board!

Thanks for watching!

xxDarlenexx

Dec 24, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
xxDarlenexx said:
carnkhan4 said:
Toilet seat from dead like me? - now that's a niche joke!

Hey, whatever did happen to that toilet seat? Anyone know?

Gabe and Tycho were awesome. They were really swamped (damn right!) so it was really cool of them to give us their time. Tycho has my favorite line of the episode.

And big props to Tom Endo for being a man of many talents and jumping on board!

Thanks for watching!
Presumably, it was brought in for questioning. It's the main suspect for the murder of Georgia Lass, you know.

Man, you think you know a toilet seat and then the world turns upside down. I feel so betrayed.

AzureFire07

Dec 17, 2008
Nice ep, guys. It's interesting that each ep has been a completely different tone. Or even genre. Not a bad thing, though.

There wasn't enough Darline X. Period. She seems like there's so much more to her, can we see that please?

You've got some great actors on your hands, I have to say. Natural stuff with a lot them; you're all growing.

I do wish there was more of the characters really interacting with the Comic-Con.

I'd love to see what happens next. But please don't get TOO bogged down with Dawson's Creek-ness, it worked well for one ep, but I wouldn't push that as the main point for too long.

And don't take this the wrong way, but Sam has such an air of success (I don't think she can help that), that when she fails, and we see how it affects her, it makes her more human AND really likable. My two cents.

DudetteAbides

Dec 19, 2008
I agree with azurefire. A little too Dawson's Creek-y; *definitely* wanted more Con!

Also, I like this introduction of Charlie...what's his relationship with Samantha like?

LOVE that Darline X is actually a good person, who only bitches out when she gets pushed!

bean444321

Dec 16, 2008
In every one of these, there's a gaming aside that just breaks me. For this one, it was "Leisure Suit Laurie." I can't be the only one that knows that one! At least I hope not.

And there actually is more of the characters from the series talking to Con people, isn't there? I'm almost certain I saw something like that... Anyone got a link?

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Wait... the Escapist is running this now? How did I miss it? Where is episode 2?

There goes my free time, grumble grumble...

EDIT: Hm, yes. That was cool, but I liked episode 2 better. Still, I'm glad this is a regular thing now (isn't it? why isn't anyone talking to me? AM I DEAD?)

yellowbug72

Dec 17, 2008
bean444321 said:
In every one of these, there's a gaming aside that just breaks me. For this one, it was "Leisure Suit Laurie." I can't be the only one that knows that one! At least I hope not.

And there actually is more of the characters from the series talking to Con people, isn't there? I'm almost certain I saw something like that... Anyone got a link?
Hey bean...here ya go link wise...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-escapist-presents/554-NY-Comic-Con-09-Cryptic-Studio

and

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-escapist-presents/566-NY-Comic-Con-09-Continued-Coverage