The Escapist Presents: World of Warcraft: Before the Cataclysm

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
World of Warcraft: Before the Cataclysm

The Escapist shares a few ideas of things to do before the world of Azeroth is changed.

Watch Video

tamerman

Jul 17, 2009
i dont think il lbe going back to wow anytime soon but my suggestion to the world: explore Stranglethorn Vale.

this ancient home of the Jungle Trolls is truly a beautiful sight, and offers breathtaking scenery all around. why not take a drink from the island well that was taken over by those horrible Naga? Perhaps explore some Troll ruins!

i don?t know what happens to Stranglethorn after cataclysm, but if its anything, be sure to take a walk around stranglethorn before it happens.

Asturiel

the God of Pants
Nov 24, 2009
Won't be able to race once it's flooded? Pft, now it's just sea cow racing!

Anyway, somewhat amusing little thing there Tito, but I don't see myself doing any of those things.

Rogue 9

I, Jedi
Jun 22, 2008
Heh, I've already done my share of swimming around Theramore bay. Stupid reclusive Nat Pagle...

I have loremaster on my main, so there aren't a lot of quests (horde-side at least) that I haven't done. I guess I might get back to the Sceptre of the Shifting Sands quest chain though, just to see if I can get it done before Cataclysm comes out. I think I have a fair way to go with it though. And if I can muster up the patience, maybe I'll farm up a few old world leatherworking patterns I'm missing before Azshara gets changed forever.

I recently rolled a Nelf (fellow horde, please don't hurt me) to play with my girlfriend, so maybe I'll run through a few of those Alliance friendly areas you mentioned, just to see what's what.

Audun Maatje

Jun 27, 2010
#1 Thing to do before Cata comes: Raid Hogger!!! 40 level 1 characters against the might of the Gnoll warlord :D

AfterAscon

Tilting at WHARRGARBL
Nov 29, 2007
I did all these relatively recently as I levelled some new characters as a final farewell. However, I didn't salute Thrall, I ended him (with the help of 39 other people). For the Alliance.

I'm surprised places like Auberdine and Ratchet are not on the list as those places are being obliterated, whereas most other places are just getting a cosmetic makeover.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
The Lich is staying in Andorhal right in the middle, but the Alliance and Horde are taking parts of the outskirts of the town.

What I like about Cataclysm is they are mostly changing parts of the game that were the least used, with exception of places like the Barrens(they wanted to break up the monotony of staying in the same zone) or other places in which there is a lot of lore.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
Done all of these things. There are lots of NPCs that I wanted revenge on once my Druid leveled up. It's going to be so cool to see the underwater shimmering flats though. Do you get fatigue for swimming there?

The Undoer

Sep 13, 2009
I intend to get the Explorer achievement - Again, but this time actually pay attention and not auto run.

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
tamerman said:
i dont think il lbe going back to wow anytime soon but my suggestion to the world: explore Stranglethorn Vale.
Personally, I hope Stranglethorn gets hit by a dragon-shaped meteor. And it should land directly on top of Nesingwary's expedition camp.

chunkeymonke

Sep 25, 2009
AfterAscon said:
I did all these relatively recently as I levelled some new characters as a final farewell. However, I didn't salute Thrall, I ended him (with the help of 39 other people). For the Alliance.

I'm surprised places like Auberdine and Ratchet are not on the list as those places are being obliterated, whereas most other places are just getting a cosmetic makeover.
ratchet prolly wont because it lest you get to booty bay

Kiithid

Aug 12, 2009
chunkeymonke said:
yup he gets poisoned by the grimtotem i think his son baine takes over
Or some other shananigans.

List to do before Cataclysm:
1- Get the dust out of my trusted white striped Nightsaber (yes the slow one)
2- Take a walk on my beloved soon to be ex-home (read Ashenvale)
3- Visit the ancient Timbermaw (who knows what'll happen to them)
4- Cleanse Felwood!
5- Stab that stupid stupid stuuupid Anubis at Silithus, also the elemental lords down there
6- Wipe and cry for the loss of much of Ashenvale

feycreature

May 6, 2009
This is what I imagine when I hear about Camp Taurajo being laid waste:

[Local Defense]: Camp Taurajo is under attack!
[Local Defense]: Camp Taurajo is under attack!
[1 - General]: WTF...Did they get lost on their way to xroads?

Taern

Dec 22, 2008
Ohlook, I've already done all of this.

This makes me question how I use my time.

Edit: You should've added get the Scepter of the Shifting sands. I've heard they're taking it out in Cata.

Shihoudani

Oct 3, 2009
This video had a lot of nice suggestions, some which I've already made sure to do before Cataclysm occurs. Even though I like Nesingwary as a dwarf safari hunter, his quests also make me wish that Deathwing personally brought a flame to his camp in STV. I think I'll miss the park in Stormwind most of all. It was the most relaxing place to be at if you just wanted to take a short break.

crouchingtigress01

Mar 14, 2009
I'm not too sure what I need to do, but I suppose some things I need to do before Cataclysm comes out are:
1: Finish gearing up my Hunter so she's ready for the new raids
2: Defeat the Lich King
3: Respec and level up my Druid
4: Respec and level up my Warlock
5: Gear my Druid and Warlock for the new raids