The Escapist Presents: World of Warcraft: Before the Cataclysm

Necrofudge

May 17, 2009
It's a shame that now I'll have even less reason to start playing again. Its hard for me to adapt to expansions in general, but if this one changes so much, I may feel like a noob for the rest of my life for not experiencing the stuff they'll be removing.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Nerdfury said:
My top three:

1. Continue to never play World of Warcraft
2. Play better games.
3. Use money and time saved to do cooler things, like see live music, drink with friends and get a tan.
You have contributed so much to this thread now! /sarcasm.

How is a tan a cooler thing?

starwarsgeek

Nov 30, 2009
My to-do list:

Loremaster
Explorer
Classic Dungeonmaster (and maybe classic raids)
Exalted with Timbermaw, Cenarion Circle, and Argent Dawn.
Exalted with the Horde (just need Undercity and Silvermoon)
Work my goblin rep back up (I got Bloodsail Admiral recently...goblins are not happy)
Level an Alliance alt, so I can see their side of classic WoW

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Nerdfury said:
My top three:

2. Play better games.
3. Use money and time saved to do cooler things, like see live music, drink with friends and get a tan.
If only I were as epic as you. Because as we all know playing World of Warcraft means you can never play another game again, leave the house or have friends.
Oh wait...

*Jumps onto Vent, plays WoW and gets drunk*

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
starwarsgeek said:
My to-do list:

Loremaster
Explorer
Classic Dungeonmaster (and maybe classic raids)
Exalted with Timbermaw, Cenarion Circle, and Argent Dawn.
Exalted with the Horde (just need Undercity and Silvermoon)
Work my goblin rep back up (I got Bloodsail Admiral recently...goblins are not happy)
Level an Alliance alt, so I can see their side of classic WoW
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-reputation.xml?r=Shadowsong&cn=Karadros&gn=Vitiated
Sigh, I'm hurting for things to do.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
The only thing I'll be doing before Cata is grinding Cenarion Circle rep to get the "Guardian of the Cenarius" title because I'm not sure if that will still be available to get in Cata.

Alsiusdelmortis

Dec 31, 2009
XD The last one is so zetta true. Like, seriously. I've done that dungeon too many times, and I STILL have no clue where I'm going.

Dravinski

Jul 6, 2010
I'm planning to finish the Scepter of the Shifting Sands quest line before cataclysm.

It's probably not as epic doing it at level 80, but it is so far however, my favourite quest in the game.

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
Oh man, gnome-coming, that pun got me to laugh, haha.

Though, I think the bucket-lists that involve which quest lines to complete before cataclysm are usually a little more fun than sightseeing. Good all the same.

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
Nerdfury said:
My top three:

2. Play better games.
All I read in this post was, 'my apples are better than you oranges!'

I'll let you in on a little secret, from a person who has played WoW since launch, come a little closer, I do all those things in #3 too - though I try not to tan too much since it's pretty bad for your skin in the long-run. Shocking as it may seem, but stereotyping is always more fun I suppose.

ButanicXpandA

Oct 20, 2009
Silver Scribbler said:
No mention of visiting the dancing troll village? No idea whether it's being changed or not, but it's still worth a visit.
it will be accessible through darkshore come cataclysm, as either a contested zone or horde base, not sure.

jcg

Jul 14, 2009
Top things to do before cata:
- make a new char and go on a ganking spree in gankethorn vale when you are the right level to do the quests there.
- get the horde and alliance into and old school world-pvp fight in southshore
- get a group and killed some world bosses, bonus point if you get the other faction in on it too. Nothing better to spice up a pve fight than a massive pvp fight.

elpresidente

Feb 10, 2008
I have very fond memories for Stranglethorn vale. One of my best memories from WoW are connected with this zone. I have never experienced any trouble with the quests there. I Started playing within the right level range, I met one of my best Wow friends there and made my first fortune in blinking WoW gold, by fishing along the river and the shores. And fishing out 20-30 crates, and then opening them one by one to find the treasures inside was great. Also, the tropical, pirate atmosphere reeks of adventure.
I think this whole revamping and tearing apart of zones is not very good idea. I think they should've just added the new continent, and content but leave the zones looking the same. After a month, any new players who start playing WoW, will never experience and see some of the zones the way that all players have experienced so far.

ninjajoeman

Mar 13, 2009
explore all the places impossible to reach like the under pitts of ironforge the gnomish air field (my favorite) and all that other stuff.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
I already did the stuff I wanted to do before le shit hitif le fan, but it would be nice to give my true leader a final send-off.

OriginalityImpaired

Oct 19, 2010
The only thing I have left to do before Cataclysm is level a Draenei to 20,
As they're the only race I haven't yet,
Their starting lands are undoubtedly not changing much but I don't really wanna take my chances with it,
And if Cairne is dying ima go beat up some elementals with him next time TB gets nuked

OriginalityImpaired

Oct 19, 2010
Also, hmm, this could mean the death of Barrens chat..
It's seems unfair,
Due to the asshat haven that is Goldshire being unscathed,
Couldn't Deathwing have casually burnt it down on his way to SW? Please? No?
Damn.