The Escapist Presents: World of Warcraft: Before the Cataclysm

Stevepinto3

Jun 4, 2009
Actually, Araj is still around. He's just not quite as epically powerful anymore. I know it are fact, I are beta tester.

Reveras

Nov 9, 2009
Cairne ? SERIOUSLY? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ...*cough* Ooooooooo...

How could they kill him? :(

cefm

Mar 26, 2010
I wouldn't have shed a tear if the Cataclysm dragon dropped a bunker-busting tactical nuke on Gnomeragan. I freakin' hate that place.

kitsunema

Apr 16, 2009
well looks like need to do some exploring of the old world before the whole thing goes down though orgimmar looks sweet in cata

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
Hehe. I never was around since year 1. I only came right after Burning Crusade. So I'm doing the loremaster achievements to learn all of the quests that everyone else experienced. I actually recommend doing so. If only because it lets people who weren't around for that long, explore each wonderful area.

I was able to complete the stuff for Eastern Kingdoms and the 60+ quests for STV.

Oh yeah and hop around in my old Merciful Gladiator gear. :)

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Virgil said:
tamerman said:
i dont think il lbe going back to wow anytime soon but my suggestion to the world: explore Stranglethorn Vale.
Personally, I hope Stranglethorn gets hit by a dragon-shaped meteor. And it should land directly on top of Nesingwary's expedition camp.
Oh wow, yes. I despised Stranglethorn Vale with every fibre of my being. The thick jungle scenery that was guaruanteed to cause anxiety, the enormous size that made it take forever to get anywhere (especially back when there was no flight master on the northern side of the zone), the sheer amount of hostile creatures and NPC's that you were guaruanteed to accidentally aggro at some point or another and the constantly ganking Alliance/Horde players. I don't know what Blizzard was thinking when they originally made STV, but everything about it was designed in order to infuriate the player in every way imaginable. If there was one zone I would wish for Cataclysm to eradicate from the face of Azeroth, this would be it. Stranglethorn Vale indeed...it both strangled you and served as a thorn in your side.

Anyway, while I have long quit WoW and have no intentions of going back (not beacuse I regret playing it, but beacuse I want to spend my money on other games), this video did touch upon my nostalgic feelings. I remember the countless times I payed a visit to the Druid Master in Stormwind, the first time I went to the abomination of an instance that was Gnomeregan, the countless of times I had to swim across the bay seperating Theramore Isle from the Quagmire in order to reach Onyxia's lair, the time I spent questing in Redridge Mountains....Ah, memories.

Ultimately, though, I think most the changes are definitely for the better. Even back when I was still playing, players were clamouring for changes to the old world (and it certainly needs many of them) and hoping that the primary focus would come back to it. I especially like the fact that Blizzard is giving primary focus to zones that were either underutilised or just outright annoying in some (or all) aspects. That said, it is a shame that the changes to Darnassus are going to be kept to a minimum.

Anyway, I wish all of those still playing a lot of fun. While WoW is behind me, you guys are in for a treat.

SeksEin

Jul 16, 2009
My suggestion, get Dartol's Rod of Transformation if you're an alliance player, since I doubt that quest line will still exist. I also went and got the explorer title to see all the zones as they are one last time.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Wow, guys... I'm only a level 39 Paladin but I get the feeling the Cataclysm is bigger than I thought. I'm getting kinda sad that I won't be able to see everything before it's getting destroyed.

Hope some guild or YouTube nerds will release 'before the destruction' videos in which they document what's been lost and changed.

Silver Scribbler

Aug 5, 2009
No mention of visiting the dancing troll village? No idea whether it's being changed or not, but it's still worth a visit.

tamerman

Jul 17, 2009
Virgil said:
tamerman said:
i dont think il lbe going back to wow anytime soon but my suggestion to the world: explore Stranglethorn Vale.
Personally, I hope Stranglethorn gets hit by a dragon-shaped meteor. And it should land directly on top of Nesingwary's expedition camp.
got a problem with Stranglethorn vale? o.0

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Rogue 9 said:
I guess I might get back to the Sceptre of the Shifting Sands quest chain though, just to see if I can get it done before Cataclysm comes out.
Yeah, I always wanted to do that chain, but never got round to it. Looked fun though. But I have to say, I will miss parts of old Azeroth, it will be weird to play the game after cataclysms, a game that is so similar, yet so different to its predecessor.

Also theres gonna be a much bigger elitism factor between people from pre Cataclysm and post Cataclysm in a few years.

Aitruis

Mar 4, 2009
There's a bunch of stuff that I've been dying to find out if they've used:

(And any beta testers out there, if you've seen it i would love to know!)

1. Uldum
2. Instance portal in SW
3. Old IF
4. The island off the coast of Silverpine (name escapes me at the moment)
5. The Isle of Dread! (below the Feathermoon Stronghold island in Feralas)

There's a whole bunch more, but there was so much stuff that looked awesome, but Blizz never finished in the old world.

Reaper69lol

Disciple of The Gravity cat
Apr 16, 2010
Right now, I gues:
1- Defeat the Lich King ( ive got 11/12 atm)
2-Get Crusader's Tabard from Argent Tournament grounds

Thats it lol

EvilYoshi

Aug 9, 2010
NO, I refuse to be seduced by your two-minute videos of praise --- literally basting World of Warcraft like a delicious turkey that is about to finish cooking. No, I am not going to reactivate my WoW account after a year. A year of forgetting about that time-sink. You do realize that all that Blizzard money will not help wash out the guilt of sending hundreds, maybe thousands back to their digital imprisonment. No, no I say! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Alliance bias! Alliance bias!!
... besides, even as Horde I've already done all those things.

I think what I shall try and do is grab that there Insane achievement. Yes, that will work. Alas, the price of Pristine Black Diamonds is just ridiculous, if they're ever up on the Auction House at all. Thus, do I call them Pisstaking Bastard Diamonds!
Ah, how I laughed at that one.