The Escapist Radio Theater #9

Remy Cambridge

Feb 8, 2010
The Escapist Radio Theater #9

The Escapist Radio Theater makes PlayStation Move sound good.

Read Full Article

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
This SotC strip is a sign.

I saw Ico for $40 yesterday. I'm going back to pick it up.

saintchristopher

Goes "Ding" When There's Stuff.
Aug 14, 2009
And Sony's Move dev dept said in reply, "...Nah, we're just gonna make some point 'n' shooters. That's hardcore. Or look! You can use the Move wand to pain a pretty picture for your horrifying Kafkaesque virtual pet. that's cool too, right?"

and a nation sighed, defeated.

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
Makes me feel bad that I only killed about 3 of the colossi at a friends house. That was basically the most epic sounding move game ever.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Makes me remember the days...Hope they release that again in HD soon

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
Jaredin said:
Hope they release that again in HD soon
*****, it was already in HD even before anyone knew what HD even was!!!!

Note: I said ***** for emphasis, not to insult you. I apologize if I did, though.

YepGeddon

Apr 16, 2009
Do want this game.. For the love of all that's holy and good in the world create SotC for the move D:

RejjeN

Aug 12, 2009
I'm normally one for words... But this was just too wordy for me :/ (Might have been the text itself, dunno)

Remy Cambridge

Feb 8, 2010
RejjeN said:
I'm normally one for words... But this was just too wordy for me :/ (Might have been the text itself, dunno)
I may agree with you at this point. While physically in the middle of drawing the material and putting down the text, I felt I was straining how much I could place into a single space. But this was a case where I just decided to err on letting the words themselves carry the fun. But if they weren't fun for you, then that's partially a failing on my part.

Anycase, I suppose this strip might betray my not so secret desire to write an epic fantasy comic someday. Eh. I'm having quite a bit of fun with this one, and it's been quite the interesting experiment so far getting to see what works and what doesn't.

standokan

May 28, 2009
At first i was irritated since i actually had to read but it was worth it so nevermind the irritation.

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
Remy Cambridge said:
RejjeN said:
I may agree with you at this point. While physically in the middle of drawing the material and putting down the text, I felt I was straining how much I could place into a single space. But this was a case where I just decided to err on letting the words themselves carry the fun. But if they weren't fun for you, then that's partially a failing on my part.

Anycase, I suppose this strip might betray my not so secret desire to write an epic fantasy comic someday. Eh. I'm having quite a bit of fun with this one, and it's been quite the interesting experiment so far getting to see what works and what doesn't.
I, for one, found the description classy and (don't sigh on me, people, that's the right word) compelling.

Remy Cambridge

Feb 8, 2010
Galad said:
I, for one, found the description classy and (don't sigh on me, people, that's the right word) compelling.
Thanks for that, but if anything I try to be openly mindful of criticisms leveled at what I do. And not because I'm trying to please everyone, but because I am trying some unusual things and consciously seeing what rules can bend and which ones can occasionally break. Escapist Radio Theater, to me as well as being a comic with characters and a setting I feel very fondly for is also a test bed of some quiet ideas. So seeing and hearing when a reader can react negatively to something, is very important to try and understand what doesn't work if pushed a little too far. Same goes with positive comments as well, and they share some weight in developing more interesting pieces over all.

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
Jaredin said:
Makes me remember the days...Hope they release that again in HD soon
It's inevitable, and when that happens, I shall play it for the first time.