The Escapist Raises Hell in Escapecraft

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
The Escapist Raises Hell in Escapecraft

Sauron built the Dark Tower of Barad-dûr, Vader oversaw construction of a Death Star and a half, Bowser had seemingly endless castles and now you can have an evil lair, too! All you have to do is craft it. You do like building, right?

Starting presently, Escapecraft will be hosting their big, week-long Halloween build. In the coming days, contestants will pit their diligently honed building skills against one another in a competition of both willpower and imagination. Who will forge the mightiest ghostly stronghold?

WHEN:
Oct.23rd through Oct.29th

RULES:

Halloween themed, of course
Single person teams
You will be able to spawn items
You can build up to layer 128
Each person will receive 50X50 plots of blocks
Each plot will be cuboid-ed to prevent interference
One week of build time

PRIZES:

A year of Escapist Publisher's Club membership. This entails no ads, mobile access, high quality videos, entry into exclusive contests, a members-only forum, and much more.
A month of Escapecraft Royalty Rank, typically reserved for notable donators. It comes with perks like a command for a /home, access to an exclusive sky world and a reserved spot on the player list.
Top submissions will be showcased on The Escapist in an event highlights gallery.

JUDGES:
Nasrin, Cpt_Harlock
Guest appearances by DrStrangelove, Caliostro, wokka1

Click here to craft!

Frizzle

Nov 11, 2008
ZeppMan217 said:
Oh well, I don't have Minecraft nor am I interested in it.
Thanks for sharing. Your time and effort will be noted.

OT: Although I never played Minecraft, I've seen some interesting things come out of there. I'm interested to see what you crazy bastards will come up with for the highligh gallery.
One request: could it be a highlight reel? I'd love a little motion in it! Helps us get a sense of the scale and depth of the creations :)

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
Frizzle said:
ZeppMan217 said:
Thanks for sharing. Your time and effort will be noted.

OT: Although I never played Minecraft, I've seen some interesting things come out of there. I'm interested to see what you crazy bastards will come up with for the highligh gallery.
One request: could it be a highlight reel? I'd love a little motion in it! Helps us get a sense of the scale and depth of the creations :)
I'll see what I can do!

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
Well I suppose the results (Or some form of tie-in) will be Episode 2 of that Escapecraft show?
Well as long as there's some form of notable highlight reel (As Mr. Windby suggested) then I'll be 'Appy.

Here's hoping for a tiny "Hut of DooOoOooOooM" that is little more than a Pressure plate on top of a Block that gets pushed by a Piston powered by said Pressure Plate with a pit of lava beneath.
[sub]Scare the Crap outta me...[/sub]
ZeppMan217 said:
While I do find your Post to have as much point as a Rubber Ball, I must say that your Avatar's look fits it to a T.

Milo Windby

Feb 12, 2010
Just a correction, the Escapecraft Royalty Rank gives you a reserved spot on the player list... what this means is that we have a player limit of 50 players but if you have a reserved spot then you can join even when we have 50 players on.
It does not give you a reserved plot of space.

Deef

Mar 11, 2009
Too bad I'm permanently banned from the server, even though you still have me listed as having only received a warning.

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
Milo Windby said:
Just a correction, the Escapecraft Royalty Rank gives you a reserved spot on the player list... what this means is that we have a player limit of 50 players but if you have a reserved spot then you can join even when we have 50 players on.
It does not give you a reserved plot of space.
Fixed, thanks.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I don't have MC, but it'll be very interesting to see what will come from this! Looking forward to it!

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Anyone else not able to get onto the server?

It just says 1/50 spaces taken..

What are you doing in there Wokka?!

Milo Windby

Feb 12, 2010
Distorted Stu said:
Anyone else not able to get onto the server?

It just says 1/50 spaces taken..

What are you doing in there Wokka?!
This is more of a problem with minecraft.net then it is with our servers. From time to time they derp up and it makes logging into servers a bit annoying.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I have MC, but I'm not skilled enough to build something remotely similar to a building.

Good luck contestants!, I can't wait to see what you can come up with =)

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Assuming there is one, which day will the entry montage be uploaded.

I love watching the work of others in MineCraft, because I can only build crappy stuff.

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
CardinalPiggles said:
Assuming there is one, which day will the entry montage be uploaded.

I love watching the work of others in MineCraft, because I can only build crappy stuff.
Amen to that my friend, you're just like me! :p

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
i bid all the contestants good luck!
i would be joining you but i dont do well at the week long variants of Big Builds...

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
I've expressed interest on the Minecraft forum thing in the link, but I have no idea how to actually get to the server when I'm accepted. xD

Do you need to be whitelisted first, btw?

Edit: Nevermind, I got it :D