The Escapist Show: Episode 13: Tom Clancy's HAWX

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Episode 13: Tom Clancy's HAWX

This week, we visit Red Storm Entertainment for a look at Tom Clancy's HAWX. Plus, MovieBob reviews My Bloody Valentine 3D and we present a preview of Zero Punctuation.

This week's musical guests:

Ian Dorsch [http://www.willowtreeaudio.com] - "Escapist Show Theme"
Frank Klepacki [http://www.frankklepacki.com] - "Awakening of Aggression"

Watch Video

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
Not bad. Not bad at all.

Was it me or did Russ look really bored while the other guy was playing HAWX? well until the near miss with a building. It doesn't look like a very enjoyable game.

It's kind of nice to know moviebob isn't made entirely of spite and still has a sharp wit that should be viewed in 3d for the best effect...

Feb 13, 2008
carnkhan4 said:
Was it me or did Russ look really bored while the other guy was playing HAWX? well until the near miss with a building. It doesn't look like a very enjoyable game.
Not just you, but if he'd been in the suit of armour all day, I wouldn't be surprised if Russ was just falling asleep.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
carnkhan4 said:
Not just you, but if he'd been in the suit of armour all day, I wouldn't be surprised if Russ was just falling asleep.
"I could probably wear one of those..."

Oh Russ, little did you know, little did you know...

As for Moviebob... well. He sounds like he's reading. Trailing off at the end of every single sentence. Also the swearing seems crowbarred in, it always seems to have more impact if they speaker builds up to it with the tone of their voice and aggravation.

Brokkr

Nov 25, 2008
carnkhan4 said:
Yea, I noticed that as well. The other guy sounded like he was trying too hard to make the game sound good.

J-Man

Nov 2, 2008
Brokkr said:
carnkhan4 said:
Yea, I noticed that as well. The other guy sounded like he was trying too hard to make the game sound good.
Agreed. Russ looked like he actually wanted to... y'know... play the game.

Jul 9, 2008
Brokkr said:
carnkhan4 said:
"Uh, yeah, so you can see individual trees! Isn't that cool?! Oh look, individual panes of glass!" Makes you wonder if there's actually any dogfights.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
J-Man said:
Brokkr said:
carnkhan4 said:
Agreed. Russ looked like he actually wanted to... y'know... play the game.

That's it exactly. I was fascinated by the level of detail and how damn exciting the game looks, and once I got my hands on it, I didn't want to give it back. Unfortunately, by the time I got to play we'd already been there for several hours and had to go.

I will definitely be bothering Red Storm to slip me a copy of this game, have no doubt.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Knight Templar said:
Do interviews involve anybody geting payed?
No. Not at all. Ever.

I will, however, pay you to use spellchecker or a dictionary or something.

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
Oh Russ, how we love you so.

How heavy would say that suit was?
It didn't look very mobile, how on earth do people run in those?

The HAWX Guy made me smile, it seemed like he genuinely enjoyed the game, and seemed to have a really good experience with it.

I can't wait, Red Storm is a pretty decent developer, and I need my fix of Fighter Planes.

MovieBoB did what he was supposed to do, Review the movie. He differs from Yahtzee in that you should expect review first, humor second, which is a reversal of Yahtzee. I think he's a great reviewer in his own right, and changed my mind on what I assumed to be another cavalcade of mediocrity.(Which it is apparently, but very fun mediocrity.)

So all in all, a solid show. These always brighten up my Tuesday.

neoman10

Big Brother
Sep 23, 2008
a little worried Red Storm, although I loved their previous games, was focusing so much on the details of the part you're supposed to avoid

but all in all, great show

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Aries_Split said:
How heavy would say that suit was?
That thing weighed 50 pounds, easy. Perhaps as much as 80. They actually told me how much it weighed, but I forgot. Aside from the ceramic plates in the chest, back and shoulders, it also had rigid pads all up the legs and arms. I was physically exhausted after wearing it for half an hour and pretty much just standing still. I probably could have run with it, but not far. I wasn't even carrying a pack or anything, and that rifle was made of resin or rubber, not metal. The soldiers who wear that stuff all day every day have my undying respect.

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
So I've started to notice a trend... Russ, you have no shame do you?