The Escapist Show: Episode 17: LotR: Conquest

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Episode 17: LotR: Conquest

An interview with the Director of LotR: Conquest and Russ dresses up like a hobbit, Jeff plays Aragorn and Julianne gets her sexy elf on.

This week's musical guest:

Ian Dorsch [http://www.willowtreeaudio.com] - "Escapist Show Theme"

Watch Video

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
Nice try... I found the script gag did feel a little too long... (Nice script though)

Also, am I the only one who thinks this game looks boring?

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Man...it was COLD out there! Loved how the lightsaber and glowing Sting came together

SmoothGlover

Dec 3, 2008
That was pretty good, whats happened to the ZP preview? Still a good show though... scratch that... Its an awesome show. The game is awful however (in my opinion).

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
Spinwhiz said:
Man...it was COLD out there! Loved how the lightsaber and glowing Sting came together
Hah, you guys were great. Buuut... don't give up the day jobs.

I don't really think that Julianne got into it, though. At least not as much as you might've liked!

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
I see that even the escapist is making fun of Christian Bale's nervous breakdown.

Andraste

Nov 21, 2004
Danny Ocean said:
Spinwhiz said:
Hah, you guys were great. Buuut... don't give up the day jobs.

I don't really think that Julianne got into it, though. At least not as much as you might've liked!
What ... the poolside pics?? ;P No. No, I didn't get into that.

It WAS freezing. Actually, below freezing. But it was fun.

@root - The sexy elven kingdom really is quite awesome.

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
Great show as always, but I still miss the older, longer format with more stuff!

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Oh, a Christian Bale reference. Real topical. Whats next? A Clinton and Lewinsky gag? How Superman 64 bombed?
Someone needs a nap.

Great show, the sexy elf kingdom was the best part.

Along with Verily.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
carnkhan4 said:
I don't remember the ring being that big in the films...where did all these props come from?
The ring was one of the prop rings we made for Episode Seven: Sonic Unleashed [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-escapist-show/460-Episode-Seven-Sonic-Unleashed], as for the weapons it was a collection from around the office.

Andraste

Nov 21, 2004
Slycne said:
as for the weapons it was a collection from around the office.
Oh. Yeah. When the apocalypse comes (and it will!) The Escapist offices will be a safe house.

Graham

Dec 5, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Oh, a Christian Bale reference. Real topical. Whats next? A Clinton and Lewinsky gag? How Superman 64 bombed?
Okay, even if the joke is a bit cliche by now, you have to admit Russ did a damn good job. Although he did miss the "You're a nice guy" line which was my personal favorite of the whole event.

Great show as always.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Andraste said:
Slycne said:
as for the weapons it was a collection from around the office.
Oh. Yeah. When the apocalypse comes (and it will!) The Escapist offices will be a safe house.
Yeah, I'm personally planning for that. It's kind of a hobby.