The Escapist Show: Episode 17: LotR: Conquest

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
And I give a shit about what reviewers say about games? As much as I hate the werehog parts of Sonic Unleashed, It was still a worth wild game that gave me hours of entertainment.

Conquest is Battlefield Two with lord of the rings characters. I go around killing things as hobbits and dwarves and collect points. Sounds like a good time to me.

This-is-Hip-Hop

Feb 21, 2009
Looks like a great game, though I will personally rent it the replayability seems pretty lapse to me. But the pre-interview dialouge was hilarious, I see great potential of these three in holywood, ever thought of doing "Saints Row?"

-This-is-Hip-Hop

Yassen

Apr 5, 2008
As soon as I watched the bit where they showed you can play Saron and slaughter the Hobits at the Shire, I thought to myself, "These guys know what their audience wants."

I still enjoy watching these videos every week, so all I can say is keep up the good work.

Kiroshimatsu

Oct 17, 2008
The bad guy story line looks really sweet... but it makes me think, why would you ever play the good guy story line?

Jul 9, 2008
SirSchmoopy said:
And I give a shit about what reviewers say about games? As much as I hate the werehog parts of Sonic Unleashed, It was still a worth wild game that gave me hours of entertainment.

Conquest is Battlefield Two with lord of the rings characters. I go around killing things as hobbits and dwarves and collect points. Sounds like a good time to me.
The demo was great fun for a while, but then it just suddenly stopped being fun. Maybe the campaigns are better, but they probably wouldn't last long either. Also, my favorite class in the demo (archer) is apparently considered nooby, so whatcha gonna do?

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Was kind of awkward hearing a preview about a game on the Escapist that already got a review on the Escapist, but otherwise it was a good episode.

Varchld

is drunk and disorderly.
Nov 8, 2008
Yay, I really prefer the parts before and after the review/interview regarding the game, i'm glad you've extended the length on this one a little.
Striking a perfect balance can't be far away, but you only have so much of an interview to work with.
Well done on all the "acted" parts so far though, I don't think there is one I haven't enjoyed.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
it looks fun! (or at least better than ROTK, which sucked monkey tits, in my opinion)

T-Blade

Jun 12, 2008
I hate LoTR... But I'm getting this.
Whats more fun that killing them annoying hobbits >:)