The Escapist Show: Episode 20: Red Alert 3

Ryuzaki

The Public Face of L
Nov 5, 2008
Loved the Ruskie Bear, its unveiling was great. Red-Alert 2 was one of the first computer games I played, the cut scenes were a major part in it. Still haven't played this game though. I'm thinking that I should now.

Syndron

Mar 16, 2009
Love the background music: Montagues and Capulets by Sergei Prokofiev. Such and epic sounding song!

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Nothing beats the Tiberium Wars time line. -Gets mauled by an armored bear -

Ouch, I meant. Yeah, the commies are awesome ....

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Haha, great intro, whose poor teddy was humiliated so?

Unfortunately I almost turned it off during the interview, it was one facepalm after another. Particularly the comment about the water effects, what year was he in?

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
Hate to say it, but Russ' accent is far too strong for him to put on a good impersonation.

Epifols

Aug 30, 2008
Andraste said:
Epifols said:
Why did the chick have a beard?

"Ruskie bear!" Haha that was great, although the last vowels needed a bit more length.
I was told that "all Russians have beards, even the chicks!" It's a common stereotype of Commie Party stuff - everyone's equal, all the same. And so, I wore a beard.

Yeah - my Russian accent is terrible. I tried really hard, I just can't seem to make my mouth make the sounds right.
Makes sense. Oh and, I didn't realize the creators participated in the forums, nice.

Andraste

Nov 21, 2004
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
Haha, great intro, whose poor teddy was humiliated so?
Mine. :( Poor Aristophanes.

It is rather ironic that a bear named after the Father of Comedy, known for his satires of his world, was used in so ill a manner, however.

Um. I was an ancient history major in university, for all those questions about the naming of the bear. Yeah.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
I just want to play that game for the cutscenes.Man George Takeii is the best, and him from Tomorrow Never Dies (i can't remember his name) he's great too.