The Escapist Show: Episode 25: Fallen Earth

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Episode 25: Fallen Earth

This week on The Escapist Show our exclusive look at the upcoming post-apocalyptic MMO, Fallen Earth.

This week's musical guest:

Ian Dorsch [http://www.willowtreeaudio.com] - "Escapist Show Theme"

Watch Video

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
While I wish them the best of luck and hope they make an awesome game. I've grown to be very very very sceptical about MMOs especially after so many fps ones have been made and have completely failed (Tabula Rasa, Hellgate London).

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Never heard of this game before, and I'm in all likelihood not going to play it. I've already sold my soul to TOR.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
I saw this game on the contest here, and liked the look of it. I've signed up to try and get on the beta, but we'll see if it pans out well. I do hope it manages to get off the ground and doesn't go the way of Age of Conan (which was abit crap to me in all honestly and is rapidly dying), nor the way of Tabula Rasa. Especially as its partly an MMOFPS, and they are so very few.
Undead Dragon King said:
Never heard of this game before, and I'm in all likelihood not going to play it. I've already sold my soul to TOR.
Did you at least get a receipt just in case? ;)

HeartAttackBob

Sep 11, 2008
Jursa said:
I've grown to be very very very sceptical about MMOs especially after so many fps ones have been made and have completely failed (Tabula Rasa, Hellgate London).
When I first read about Fallen Earth I thought it looked awesome, but your probably right, I shouldn't get my hopes up. I played a trial of Tabula Rasa and enjoyed it... for a few hours.
Still, being a big Counter Strike Source fan, and a begrudgingly addicted WoW player, the concept of a FPS MMO makes my gamer brain light up like an irradiated christmas tree.

SoonerMatt

Apr 18, 2009
Iiiiiiiiiiiinteresting.... The graphics don't really look like the best available, but considering they're still developing the game I'm sure it'll look infreakingcredible when they're done with it.

I'm not a huge MMO fan, but I was hooked on Fallout 3 like no other, so I may have to cross the void and look into this.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
HeartAttackBob said:
Jursa said:
I've grown to be very very very sceptical about MMOs especially after so many fps ones have been made and have completely failed (Tabula Rasa, Hellgate London).
When I first read about Fallen Earth I thought it looked awesome, but your probably right, I shouldn't get my hopes up. I played a trial of Tabula Rasa and enjoyed it... for a few hours.
Still, being a big Counter Strike Source fan, and a begrudgingly addicted WoW player, the concept of a FPS MMO makes my gamer brain light up like an irradiated christmas tree.
Indeed - we can but hope it will be the choosen one of gaming (according to the prophets of Bill from accounting)

Satki

Dec 29, 2007
If I'm depserate for my fix of next gen brown - looks like I now know where to get it

Milkman Dan

Sep 11, 2008
C.H.O.T.A. sounds awfully like "shota." If you don't know what I'm talking about, be thankful.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Milkman Dan said:
C.H.O.T.A. sounds awfully like "shota." If you don't know what I'm talking about, be thankful.
I wikipedia'd it, and am sorry I did - listen to the man!

Aegwadar

Apr 2, 2009
I'll take trying it with a grain of salt. I just hope the community ends up a good one, Much like what keeps me on LOTRO. It keeps the games healthy, but don't get me wrong, a good story line is also good ;) Looks very original in the sense of MMO's. I think it will open the door for Zombie MMOs!! So, hell yeah..