The Escapist Show: Episode 47: Funny Gaming Moments

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
On a custom Tf2 game, someone on the enemy team picked up the train and charged us with it
Also, at the end of the game, the same guy tells me "Don't capture the last point. You'll regret it." I thought "Yeah right" and captured the point. Suddenly, I got insta killed and I heard the commentator say "YOU FAIL!" a hundred times and the enemy team got a hundred points XD

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Anyone who's played Portal without killing themselves by dropping a physics object down a bottomless loop really has some imagination issues. Of course, my favorite was more aiming straight up and making a portal, then aiming straight down and making one. :)

littlerudi08107

Sep 23, 2009
Funniest thing that ever happened to me while gaming was when I played Phoenix Wright Justice For All, and met Max Galactica for the first time. I was rolling on the floor laughing for a good ten minutes, because I've never encountered a character that was so.... flamboyant!

Also in Kingdom Hearts 2 when Goofy got beaned in the head with a rock, I laughed so hard.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Seamus8 said:
The radio thing was actually how I passed the missle turret level, since I was under the mistaken impression that the walls around the missle turret could not be portaled I needed some other way to break the glass. I got the radio moving to top speed via ceiling and floor portals then put an exit portal on the wall opposite me and the radio shot out and broke the glass, allowing me to pass the obstacle.

My funniest gaming moment however is this...
Did someone over pull everything and then die?

-M

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
saregos said:
I always find it amusing when I play Dungeon Keeper 2... I play until fairly late at night, and eventually even the game starts telling me to go to bed.
They've done that to you too? I'll be playing a game deep in something and a little message that has never come up before pops up and says something like, "Why don't you take aa break? Maybe take a nap for awhile and come back", The worst part is that I have to argee to do this crazy message before it lets me continue my un-pausable game.

Woem

May 28, 2009
Team Hollywood said:
Episode 47: Funny Gaming Moments

This week we go around The Escapist office to see what gaming tomfoolery the staff has been involved in.

This week's musical guests:
Ian Dorsch [http://www.willowtreeaudio.com] - "Escapist Show Theme"
Mr. Tunes [http://www.mrtunes.ca] - "Videogames Consume Children" and ?Yoshi Valley Transit Co-Op?

Watch Video
Are you guys serious about the gnoll art? Care to share all of it with us? :)

CaptainCrunch

Imp-imation Department
Jul 21, 2008
Woem said:
What you saw in the video was pretty much the sum of it. Feel free to make your own, and share with us though!

Here's a sculpture by Auguste Gnolldin to get the inspiration flowing:

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Woem said:
Team Hollywood said:
Episode 47: Funny Gaming Moments

This week we go around The Escapist office to see what gaming tomfoolery the staff has been involved in.

This week's musical guests:
Ian Dorsch [http://www.willowtreeaudio.com] - "Escapist Show Theme"
Mr. Tunes [http://www.mrtunes.ca] - "Videogames Consume Children" and ?Yoshi Valley Transit Co-Op?

Watch Video
Here are the 2 from the video:

Jan 23, 2009
I do remember an incident in D&D where our party was attacked while sailing- and we all fell overboard.

For some reason, while most of us made it to the shore, the resident paladin drowned because of the weight of his armour.

Ironic eh?

fetket

May 8, 2009
I can't remember the name of the play station game... but being woken up by my TV yelling "Fear the Tube of Death" in Spanish while my flatmate wielded a giant cardboard tube in an old play station game.

MaxFan

Nov 15, 2008
Back when the Everquest expansion Scars of Velious had just come out (what was that, like 2000? 2001?) I was playing my bard in the Dragon Necropolis. Charmed a phase spider. Hmm... So it has a proc on its bite that teleports its target a small distance, and it proc's frequently. I used it to attack another phase spider, and they were chasing each other all over the place until one triggered a trap that spawned a big skeletal dragon that was more than just me and the druid could handle. Fortunately, we were just had to click the zone-out. We couldn't go back in because of the dumb dragon camping zone-in, though. It was still pretty funny. And that's why I don't charm phase spiders anymore, well, or play MMO's really.

Lamppenkeyboard

Jun 3, 2009
Really funny moment: in the original Half Life, you get this gun (the type is irrelevant) and the scientist who gives it to you tells you to open the holding cages of a bunch of these alien things, and then kill them when they crawl out. I opened the cages, then ran out of the room, sealing the door behind me, and the scientist got horribly torn apart by the aliens.