The Escapist Show: Episode 48: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

Team Hollywood

New member
Feb 9, 2009
5,205
0
0
Episode 48: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

President and Co-Founder of Vicarious Visions, Guha Bala, gives us the scoop on Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.


This week's musical guests:

Ian Dorsch [http://www.willowtreeaudio.com] - "Escapist Show Theme"
<a href=http://www.frankklepacki.com>Frank Klepacki - ?Strange? and ?Vigilante?

Watch Video
 

InProgress

New member
Feb 15, 2008
755
0
0
Nice episode this week. The Spiderman extract form the ending is a real nice and funny touch.
 

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
2,338
0
0
Poor John Funk, must have drawn the short straw. I mean, he's not really that much of a sore loser... is he?
 

Dahemo

New member
Aug 16, 2008
248
0
0
InProgress said:
Nice episode this week. The Spiderman extract form the ending is a real nice and funny touch.
Was that a Japanese Spidey/Gundam/Masked Rider Hibiki crossover? God I love Japan. Especially 70s Japan.

Good episode, I have to say I pefer it when the developer interviewee sounds interested, but other than that quite funny, Russ as Xavier was quite tickling...
 

Cind

New member
Aug 17, 2009
22
0
0
WTB more Spidey with that mech thing.

Great vid as always guys.
 

Woodsey

New member
Aug 9, 2009
14,553
0
0
Everyone's said the game's shit, and worse than the last.

To make a game worse than it's predecessor, now that's impressive.
 
Feb 18, 2009
1,468
0
0
Oh Funk, You´re so bad at cheating.

Anyway, thank you for reminding me about Vigilante. It so managed to distract me from hearing what that guy had to say. And when I finally managed to undistract myself, you give 70s Japanese Spider-Man. Truly, well done.
 

QuirkyTambourine

New member
Jul 26, 2009
1,193
0
0
Great vid, I might actually pick up this game, I never realized that I might actually like an Ultimate Alliance game.

Also awesome Spidey coda
 

Team Hollywood

New member
Feb 9, 2009
5,205
0
0
Dahemo said:
InProgress said:
Nice episode this week. The Spiderman extract form the ending is a real nice and funny touch.
Was that a Japanese Spidey/Gundam/Masked Rider Hibiki crossover? God I love Japan. Especially 70s Japan.
Yup. The appropriately titled sentai program "Spiderman."
It was actually one of the ground-breaking sentai programs in Japan. Spiderman was the first sentai program to introduce the concept of having the hero face a human-sized monster and then face the monster at giant-size in the same episode.
Marvel was apparently so proud of this product that they put full episodes of it up on their website.
 

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
2,913
0
0
You know, the thing is, what Funk did is exactly what one of my friends or I would have done in that sort of sore loser situation. Really a very accurate portrayal of playing "guys[footnote]Guys is the term my friends and I used for action figures.[/footnote]" as a kid.
 

Woem

New member
May 28, 2009
2,879
0
0
That guy is wearing a S.H.I.E.L.D. sweater. Now that is getting into character :)
 

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
2,306
0
0
Susan I must point out that the double bladed lightsaber comes with quite a few disadvantages.

"In combat, your mind tries to keep track of each blade separately, effectively doubling the number of possibilities. But the two blades are connected: by knowing the location of one, you are automatically aware of the location of the other. In actual practice, the double-bladed lightsaber is more limited than the traditional lightsaber. It can do more damage, but it is less precise. It requires longer, sweeping movements that don't transition well into a quick stab or thrust. Because the weapon is difficult to master, however, few among the Jedi-or even the Sith-understand it. They don't know how to attack or defend effectively against it. That gives those of us who use it an advantage over most of our opponents."

Anywho... I will probably get this game since I heard nothing but good news from the last one.
 

Orange Monkey

New member
Mar 16, 2009
604
0
0
Hmm the games story seems really interesting, but the combat looks like it could get abit repetitive after abit.

Kudos to Susan Arendt for shoving a lightsaber up Supermans spandex clad ass.
 

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
1,241
0
0
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
Susan I must point out that the double bladed lightsaber comes with quite a few disadvantages.

"In combat, your mind tries to keep track of each blade separately, effectively doubling the number of possibilities. But the two blades are connected: by knowing the location of one, you are automatically aware of the location of the other. In actual practice, the double-bladed lightsaber is more limited than the traditional lightsaber. It can do more damage, but it is less precise. It requires longer, sweeping movements that don't transition well into a quick stab or thrust. Because the weapon is difficult to master, however, few among the Jedi-or even the Sith-understand it. They don't know how to attack or defend effectively against it. That gives those of us who use it an advantage over most of our opponents."

Anywho... I will probably get this game since I heard nothing but good news from the last one.
Double bladed lightsabers would have an advantage only in 1v2 combat. And unless they have kryptonite in them superman would just break it in half and ball it up like the little wad of tinfoil it is. And don't even tell me about the force. It took Yoda to lift an x-wing fighter. Superman does that in his sleep.

It is almost certain I'll be playing this game. The only question is: now, or later? As it stands, I'm skewed toward later. But a demo might help push that decision to now.