The Escapist Show: Episode 51: Viewer Questions

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Episode 51: Viewer Questions

The Escapist Staff answers questions from community members Kenjitsuka, Ninja555, and Skittlepie345.

This week's musical guests:
Ian Dorsch [http://www.willowtreeaudio.com] - "Escapist Show Theme"
<a href=http://www.frankklepacki.com>Frank Klepacki - ?Fantasy?, ?Cigar Bar? and ?Machines Collide?

Watch Video

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Good to see how Russ truly spends all his time at the office :p

Also, Susan that is one sickeningly adorable kitten on the wall behind you.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
yes Peggles is the biggest time waster! actually anything from PopCap XD

entertaining episode. if they are all like this i need to watch this show more often

happysock

Jul 26, 2009
What was with the random bible man bit in the credits? That show is so damn hilarious though.

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
*switch to Russ*
*stares off into distance*
Nice job russ, now we know why you are always on time with your stuff.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
love how dramatic Susan gets when she talks about reality tv, if she one day realizes how boring office work is she could become an great actress.

cieply

Oct 21, 2009
Random argument man said:
I'm suprised no one said a MMO.
If an MMO is your timewaster then you wouldn't be doin this interview couse it consumes all the time and you would be jobless ;p

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
Great episode - but Bibleman? Wtf? XD

swaki said:
love how dramatic Susan gets when she talks about reality tv, if she one day realizes how boring office work is she could become an great actress.
We are talking about the same office work, right?

This is Escapist office work! How can it possibly be boring!

They play with exercise balls, and play games, and have kittens that-

*throat gets slit*

George Palmer Anonymous member of Escapist staff: "He knows too much."
This is the Escapist, a wildly successful two times Webby award winning magazine, i have a hard time imagining that they jump around on exercise balls and play games all day, especially since the staff members admit they have less time to game than they used too (back in the days), although the subject they work whit is fun and good times i don't think the work it self is that much fun.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
It looks like everyone in the office works in one small room with some cubicles in the corner. Maybe you need a show that tours the offices. Also, Buzz Lightyear outside of Russ's window! Now I have to go make some friends and gather them for the Bibleman show.

ironlordthemad

Sep 25, 2009
ah i remember seeing that bibleman show mentioned on something ages ago but its still funny

cool episode, its always nice to know that once in a while the people we look up too have similar thoughts to ours, other times its a little worrying

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
Amazing episode! Susan: I know what you mean. I have fallen victim to this trap too!!

And hey napping with kittens is cute and fun!.

And Russ: I lol'd at the staring off into space

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
swaki said:
SirBryghtside said:
Great episode - but Bibleman? Wtf? XD

swaki said:
We are talking about the same office work, right?

This is Escapist office work! How can it possibly be boring!

They play with exercise balls, and play games, and have kittens that-

*throat gets slit*

George Palmer Anonymous member of Escapist staff: "He knows too much."
This is the Escapist, a wildly successful two times Webby award winning magazine, i have a hard time imagining that they jump around on exercise balls and play games all day, especially since the staff members admit they have less time to game than they used too (back in the days), although the subject they work whit is fun and good times i don't think the work it self is that much fun.
Greatest job in the world but, yes, still very much a job. The folks here are some of the funniest, most entertaining people I've ever met, but they also work incredibly hard.

That said, we do throw things at each other with a fair amount of frequency. Also, we eat a lot of candy.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
I'm guessing none of the Escapist staff go to tvtropes.org to prevent entire days from being lost.

Fun episode. It's always cool to see the people that make the stuff you enjoy.

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
randommaster said:
I'm guessing none of the Escapist staff go to tvtropes.org to prevent entire days from being lost.

We do that in our time off.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
paulgruberman said:
randommaster said:

We do that in our time off.
Then wyou must have some slow computers because I don't know where you find time to eat or sleep outside of the time it takes to load a new page.

Any contributions to the Wild Mass Guessing page?