The Escapist Staff's Five Faves of 2008: Jordan

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
The Escapist Staff's Five Faves of 2008: Jordan

Are these, without a shadow of a doubt, the best games of 2008? If you're Jordan Deam, they are.

Read Full Article

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
I couldn't agree more on Left 4 Dead. It's amazing that a game with no plot can evoke such powerful emotions.

Admittedly, the emotions it evokes is panic and terror, but still...

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Finally someone put Left 4 Dead, maybe now all of the FPS trolls on here can finally shut up.

No offense intended to anyone who enjoys Left 4 Dead, I've just gotten a little annoyed at poorly spelled attacks on folk who you shouldn't immediately expect to love an FPS more than anything (Susan Arendt, John Funk both come to mind, did anyone REALLY think WoW: Wrath of The Lich King WASN'T going to be his game of the year? Ditto for Susan and LBP)

Still, good calls, though I ashamedly haven't yet played Braid as I have yet to recieve my wireless adapter for my 360, I asked for one for X-mas.

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
nice choice, i love all those games...cept braid, never got into it...

i liked World of Goo but i found it had almost no replayablity which was a shame

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
Angron said:

i liked World of Goo but i found it had almost no replayablity which was a shame
I've gone back for some of the OCD achievements and mucked around with the World of Goo Corporation. It's more replayable than you'd expect out of a $15 game.

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
Jordan Deam said:
Angron said:

I've gone back for some of the OCD achievements and mucked around with the World of Goo Corporation. It's more replayable than you'd expect out of a $15 game.
oh yeh, its still a grat game, and the tower building is good, i went to get a few more goos from each lvl to build it :p

and i tried the OCD achievements, got about 3 then i cant get the rest

guess its my fault for being bad at it ;)

wilsonscrazybed

thinking about your ugly face
Dec 16, 2007
I just picked up Castle Crashers, the best part of this game is local multiplayer. Nothing else even comes close these days.