The Escapist Staff's Five Faves of 2009: Lauren

Lauren Admire

Rawrchiteuthis
Aug 8, 2008
The Escapist Staff's Five Faves of 2009: Lauren

Editorial Assistant, Lauren Admire, shares her top five games of 2009.

Read Full Article

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
That was a fairly unique top 5. Although can't say the top 1 was a surprise, that game is great. But the others where not expected.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
I actually did the "Help Manorek find his wife" quest today, so I lol'd when that was mentioned.
Aion makes me a sad panda though, it was so so promising. =[

It's also good to see casual games getting a mention.
Great list.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Wow, Dragon Age is dominating.

I like it a lot, but the donkey's arse graphics and fiddly comabat aren't to my taste.

I just put it on easy mode and enjoy the talky bits.

It will fill the time nicely until a certain other Bioware game arrives...

Void(null)

Dec 10, 2008
Finally someone placed "The Sims" in one of these lists. I find it funny that the Sims can be the number one top selling Video Game of all time... yet no one will talk about it, like there embarrassed by it.

Nincompoop

May 24, 2009
LMAO hot voice o.o.

Dragon Age: Origins just gets more and more attractive. I would have bought it already, but my PC doesn't have the cohones, and the console version doesn't seem as appealing.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Great. Now I wanna play Diner Dash...I kicked the casual game habit years ago, too!

MUST. RESIST. URGE.

Yvl9921

Our Sweet Prince
Apr 4, 2009
So then it's safe to say that DA:O is the Escapist's game of the year? I really thought that Bioware coulda done better, and that 120 hours of gameplay does not a good game make, but stil, it's got Alistair, so I can't argue.

Also, Aion sounds like alot of wasted potential from what I'm hearing. Maybe after the expansion pack.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
No one seems to find it funny that when you were talking to Avernus, YOU WERE ON FIRE!

What spell is doing that anyway? Flame Weapons?

Xvito

Aug 16, 2008
Really!? Six of these videos have been posted, and not one mentions Demon's Souls...

Also, why does everyone love Bioware so much?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Eric the Orange said:
I'm going to guess from this list that you mainly play PC games.
It seems that way, lol.

Surprisued to see Aion in there, but, I can see somewhat why.

Kavachi

Sep 18, 2009
Xvito said:
Really!? Six of these videos have been posted, and not one mentions Demon's Souls...

Also, why does everyone love Bioware so much?
Because bioware makes the best RPG's humanity has ever known (KOTOR, Mass Effect, Baldurs's Gate and now Dragon age). They shouldn't be loved, they should be worshipped

O right, almost forgot my top 5:

5. nananananananana Batman! (Arkham Asylum)
4. Plants vs. Zombies
3. Wii sports resort
2. Uncharted 2: Amongst Thieves (I know, everybody mentions it, but it is just a great game)
1. Dragon Age Origins ( Duh XD)

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
So you don't like Jack Black
i liked him in high fidelity, which is my favorite movie of all time, but other than that no.
you don't like metal
no, not really, or at least i didn't before getting this game.
and you're pretty sure the only God of Metal cameo you'll recognize is Ozzy Osbourne.
true, and it feels like such a shame, cause i know when a metal god is doing the voice, but i have no idea who they are.
Not an excuse. Get this game. Get this game if nothing but for its graphics.
whoa what?, this might be my tv, even though its hd ready and everything the game still looks pixely and, well not good, but the art style, damn!

despite everything brutal legend had to overcome for me it's still one of my favorite games of this year, and so far i ahve only seen 2 errors, or moments that needed some polish (im 94% done).

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
What spell is doing that anyway? Flame Weapons?
Nah, just the character got set alight in a battle just beforehand. I'm not up to that bit with Avernus, or whatever he's called, but I've had plenty of post-battle dialogue scenes with my characters on fire. I'm playing on normal, so I don't bother getting my mage main character to avoid hitting her party with that flame breath spell. Yay for no friendly fire!

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Well, it's Dragon Age 3 : Modern Warfare 2 1.
Who had MW2, and where did they put it? I'd look myself, but my browser likes closing after every other window for some reason, so it's easier to ask.

Anyways, This is a fairly good list. Dragon Age was a truely great game, so it being number 1 is easily understood. Not entirely sure I'd put Sims 3 in my Top 5, it was a good game, but I personally think there was better.

Oh, right, my Top 5 or whatever, since some others are doing it

Tropico 3
World in Conflict: Soviet Assault
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Dragon Age: Origins
inFamous