The Escapist Staff's Five Faves of 2009: Russ

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
The Escapist Staff's Five Faves of 2009: Russ

The Escapist?s Editor-in-Chief, Russ Pitts, shares his favorite games of 2009.

Read Full Article

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
The tags sort of gave it away a bit, given that all of the Top 5 were sitting right above the video.

Tags: The Surprise-Killer.

Also, fail in the description. "shares his favorite games of 2010"

Serum211

Sep 28, 2009
Pretty good list. I wonder, will any one else make a list of favorites over 2009 games?

Toty54

Jul 11, 2009
A fine selection you have there.

And might i add that you are not the only one who enjoyed Godfather II.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
This is a solid list. I can get behind this. Especially Modern Warfare 2, which, despite how I feel that the story is pretty silly and very rough around the edges, delivers a great single player playthrough even if it is pretty short.

Cyberjester

Oct 10, 2009
I like your list.

Off topic, a lot of the bad press MW2 gets I think is based partly on how it lacks dedicated servers, making it a pain to play multiplayer on a PC. And we PC gamers can get pretty loud if we don't like something..

I may change the list around later on when I get round to playing some of the games released this year, but till then, your list is something I'd go with.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Seems good. I didn't like Godfather 2 much, though. Better than the first, though.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Nice list, it isn't just a rehash of topscoring games from 2009 like some websites do.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
JimmyBassatti said:
Your list was ok, but not great.
Dragon Age: Origins
Wolfenstein Borderlands
Modern Warfare 2 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Brutal Legend
Batman: Arkham Asylum Assassin's Creed 2
The Godfather II
Now, that's a great list.
I think you're kind of missing the point of doing a "favorites" list, rather than a "best of."

Acidwell

Beware of Snow Giraffes
Jun 13, 2009
I loved brutal legend up until the point that the strategy part kicked in every half an hour, but dragon age as best game of the year? Yes yes yes just an awesome game

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
I really, really need to get around to playing Arkham Asylum.
Yes, you do.. As a matter of fact, go tell Russ that The Escapist Community is going to lynch you if you don't. So as a matter of job security you should stay home (and get paid) to play it.

(Just kidding about that Lynching thing.. don't hit me with a banhammer..)