The Escapist Takes GameX by Storm

NeuroShock

Jul 14, 2009
I'm so sad because i'm only half an hour away and I have no way to get there. I really wish I could go, though.

Raithnor

Jul 26, 2009
binary1230 said:
Raithnor said:
Hope the Escapist has fun at GameX, I was there last year and was not impressed. This year looks to be better, but I'm going to another Con the same weekend, otherwise I might have taken another chance on GameX.
That's clearly a different convention you're thinking about - this is GameX's first year. The description also didn't say anything about the onslaught of some of the best videogame music bands in existence: THE ONEUPS, THE MEGAS, ARMCANNON, and RARE CANDY.
My mistake, it was VGXPO or Video Games XPO. I remember it being a Gaming Expo in the Philly convention center, but other than hanging out with some friends at a Chinese resturant after the con, I thought the whole convention was rather "meh".

http://www.videogame.net/vgxpo/

There should be a rule that you can only have so many conventions in a given area that calls itself a variation on "Games" and "Expo".

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I live in NE Philly and can't go...Now I'm even more angry. Please have it in Philly next year, if you do it again!

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
Beyond Raids and Ganks: Exploring Next-Gen MMOs
Panel Moderated by The Escapist Publisher, Alexander Macris.
an mmo discussion whit no John Funk? now im sure Alex is a nice guy, but that just seems batshit crazy.

all in all it sounds great and like the perfect opportunity to go up to graham and Paul and stutter/whisper something along "i like your videos" before running away and drink till i forget about how embarrassing it was, but unfortunately i live a 16 hours flight and a whole lot of money away, and whit no Jon Etheridge its hard to justify spending my life savings.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Any love for abroad folk without the time or money to get there? A week or two after have a video maybe? :p
Or are we going to have to find it on Youtube filmed over a shoulder?
Jon Etheridge said:
Game Dogs! Whooooo!!!! :)
Is it any good? Have the creators made anything else you could link us to whilst we are waiting? :)

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
Yahtzee goes all the way to Philly just for this? That's quite a way to go.

OP:I wish I could go...damn you Florida! Why must I live in you!

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Unfortunately that pass I won never arrived, so it looks like I'll be plunking down a little extra cash at the door when I get there. (So no free cookies for anyone, sorry!) But I'm not missing this if I can possibly help it.

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
For those of us in other countries, it'd be really good if this stuff does make its way onto the Internet at some point (after the convention, of course). Even (or perhaps especially) the "too hot" content. ;) Pretty please?

(I'm a really really long way away from Philadelphia. And I have another convention and a wedding to go to this weekend.)

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
swaki said:
Beyond Raids and Ganks: Exploring Next-Gen MMOs
Panel Moderated by The Escapist Publisher, Alexander Macris.
an mmo discussion whit no John Funk? now im sure Alex is a nice guy, but that just seems batshit crazy.

all in all it sounds great and like the perfect opportunity to go up to graham and Paul and stutter/whisper something along "i like your videos" before running away and drink till i forget about how embarrassing it was, but unfortunately i live a 16 hours flight and a whole lot of money away, and whit no Jon Etheridge its hard to justify spending my life savings.
Oh don't worry. Alex is well versed in the ways of the MMO. Meanwhile, someone's got to stay hold the fort ;)

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Bah. I wish I'd been paying attention to this sooner. This is only 5 hours from where I live.

Woulda been super to meet you guys and shake some hands.

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
<3 Yahtzee for answering my questions, will you be posting footage on the site afterwards for us?

rampantcreature

sticky-fingered filcher
Apr 14, 2009
And will pictures be posted somewhere on here? I was lead to believe a photographer was taking pictures for the Escapist of a certain Carmen Sandiego that I was dressed as on Saturday...

Also, free swag was awesome.