The Escapist Takes GameX by Storm

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
The Escapist Takes GameX by Storm

If you're in the Philadelphia area this weekend, stop by the GameX Expo to meet members of The Escapist family, Yahtzee, and Graham and Paul, and catch a never-before-seen preview of Game Dogs, our newest animated series!

The Escapist will be rolling into Philadelphia at full force this weekend for GameX [http://gamexpo.us/summit/], where there'll be awesome web-video talent gathered under one roof on a scale never seen before. To get the scoop on the best web video around directly from the source, there will be not one, not two, but four sessions of The Escapist Video Theater.

"The Escapist is thrilled to be at GameX to meet and mingle with our fans in Philadelphia and the US Northeast," says Russ Pitts, Editor-in-Chief of The Escapist. "GameX is a premiere gaming event for the East Coast, and we are happy to be a part of it and make it our official first US appearance of both Yahtzee and the stars of Unskippable. It also seemed like the perfect place to premiere our newest animated series, Game Dogs, which has been in the works for months now. We're quite proud of it and hope the fans like it as much as we do."

Full descriptions of the sessions are below:

[blockquote]Zero Punctuation Goes Wild - The preeminent game reviewer on the whole 'net, Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw takes the stage to host a full 30 minutes of Zero Punctuation footage that is, quote-unquote, "too hot for the internet." That must be pretty hot. (Saturday @ 5:30pm, GameX Theater)

Unskippable Live - Ever curious about the Unskippable stuff that never makes it to the site? Graham and Paul host 30 minutes of never-before seen footage, including extended scenes and lost episodes. Oh, and they'll be tackling a special episode of Unskippable live. (Friday @ 6:30pm, GameX Theater)

The Escapist Video Extras - 30 minutes of video from The Escapist's archives including never-before seen test footage and extended scenes from your favorite series! (Friday @ 6pm, GameX Theater)

The Escapist Fan Favorites - Another 30-minute block of everybody's favorite episodes from The Escapist's most popular video series including Zero Punctuation, Unskippable and Apocalypse Lane. This session also marks the world premiere of our newest animated video series, Game Dogs. (Saturday @ 6pm, GameX Theater)[/blockquote]

It won't just be all video, all the time, though. As part of our commitment to journalistic excellence in the videogame industry, The Escapist staff will be taking the mic to participate and moderate some of the discussion panels on issues that the industry must face moving forward.

[blockquote]Voice of the Gamers
Featuring: Yahtzee Croshaw, Graham Stark, Paul Saunders, Joystiq, and the staff of The Escapist. (Saturday @ 11:30am, GameX Theater)

Beyond Raids and Ganks: Exploring Next-Gen MMOs
Panel Moderated by The Escapist Publisher, Alexander Macris. (Saturday @ 4pm, GameX Industry Summit)

Narrative Design: Creating Dramatic Structure in Games
Panel Moderated by The Escapist Editor-in-Chief, Russ Pitts. (Sunday @ 10:30am, GameX Industry Summit)[/blockquote]

And finally, if you've ever wanted to meet the web-video stars in person, you'll get your chance: Ben "Yahztee" Croshaw, Paul Saunders and Graham Stark will be signing autographs Friday, Saturday and Sunday starting at 1pm at the GameX VIP Red Carpet Booth.

Plus, we'll be up there on the show floor - so if you bump into our video crew or Senior Editor Susan Arendt, why not say hi? (Well, make sure they're not filming something first. That's just polite.)

See you there!

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
I'd be wary of talking to Yahztee after his thing about fans, just cause I wouldnt want to annoy him.
I'd like to think I would be above those annoying fans who get extremely excitied...but I would be just like them, and stutter alot.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
I wish something like this would come down to Charlotte, NC. Always wanted to meet Yahtzee.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Kiutu said:
I'd be wary of talking to Yahztee after his thing about fans, just cause I wouldnt want to annoy him.
I'd like to think I would be above those annoying fans who get extremely excitied...but I would be just like them, and stutter alot.
Go up, shake his hand, give him a jar of Branston Pickle and leave.

Seems like some pretty cool stuff. I'd love to see the Unskippable Extras videos and talk. Sadly I don't think a transatlantic return flight is really in my poor student budget.

Silver Scribbler

Aug 5, 2009
I would just like to damn a few things to hell, on account of them meaning that I can't make it to GameX.

- Myself, for being born in Scotland.
- Myself again, for not having a job that would enable me to purchase plane tickets and accommodation for the weekend.
- My school, for frowning upon me taking off the next week or so to recover if I was to attend.

I guess what I'm trying to say is sadly I can't make it. Sounds like it'll be a good time though!

Raithnor

Jul 26, 2009
Hope the Escapist has fun at GameX, I was there last year and was not impressed. This year looks to be better, but I'm going to another Con the same weekend, otherwise I might have taken another chance on GameX.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Wow, something actually resembling a schedule! It's been a while for the GameX site itself to give us anything close to this.

Funk, you rock.

MrBrightside919

Oct 2, 2008
Urrg....the ONE time I don't go to philly!!!

Damn you Maryland for not being closer!!!

(I don't wanna drive 3 hours to get to philly and then 3 hours back)

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
Amnestic said:
Kiutu said:
Go up, shake his hand, give him a jar of Branston Pickle and leave.

Seems like some pretty cool stuff. I'd love to see the Unskippable Extras stuff. Sadly I don't think a transatlantic return flight is really in my poor student budget.
I am too curious to do that. I have questions I always wanna ask alot of people.

Teh_Doomage

Jan 11, 2009
Yeah, it's one of those things I'd love to do but couldn't get in my budget.

Sounds like it'd be a lot of fun.

binary1230

Mar 19, 2009
Raithnor said:
Hope the Escapist has fun at GameX, I was there last year and was not impressed. This year looks to be better, but I'm going to another Con the same weekend, otherwise I might have taken another chance on GameX.
That's clearly a different convention you're thinking about - this is GameX's first year. The description also didn't say anything about the onslaught of some of the best videogame music bands in existence: THE ONEUPS, THE MEGAS, ARMCANNON, and RARE CANDY.

Tharticus

Dec 10, 2008
If there are videos at GameX, can you bring it here to the Escapist? Can't go shamefully.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Dammit, why do I miss all the cool events? Where's Philly? Is it near Pennsylvania?
Edit: O, it is. Now I just need to get over my fear of people and go...

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
No fair! This is discrimination to people who aren't gonna be in the area!

...Of course, I kid. I wish I could go, though...alas, I need to play the "poor college student" card. Again.