The Escapist Wants to Celebrate the Holidays With You!

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Anyone else notice that the Zero Punctuation snow tower is taller than everything else on the calendar? Personally, I think Yahtzee is compensating for something.

Zombie_Fish said:
"The world will look up and shout "Merry Christmas!", and I'll whisper "Ho Ho Ho"."
...I laughed. Go get yourself a cookie, you earned it.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
The Rogue Wolf said:
Zombie_Fish said:
"The world will look up and shout "Merry Christmas!", and I'll whisper "Ho Ho Ho"."
...I laughed. Go get yourself a cookie, you earned it.
Thanks, but the quote wasn't my own D: DH came up with it a bit after he made Rorsanta, my Christmas avatar here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.79496?page=124#3748162] (name was my idea).

I'm still getting myself that cookie, though.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
Christmas on the 25th.? oh you Americans and your silly ways to measure every thing from weight to distances to when its Christmas.

but this is great, i love calenders and i love the escapist, so.. yey for me.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Yay! It already smells like Christmas... and blood from the trail on the calendar picture... which I like. :D

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
Ya, same here. I just noticed it for ENN (is in Australia) and I discovered the number 1 as well so I clicked it and fully watched the really great review and went back to check and it's covered over o.o

The ENN one (number 2) is fine though.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Wiezzen said:
Russ Pitts said:
Wiezzen said:
how exactly do we get credit for the 1st box? We didn't find out about the advent calander until today. :S
Click it now! Quickly! :)
I did, but the 1 still appears over the first box. The 2nd box I clicked had the number 2 removed and it's darkened a bit. Shouldn't the same have happened with box 1?
I honestly don't know, but I'll find out for you. What I heard form the tech department was that everyone got auto-credit for Box 1 since we rolled it out a day late, but I'll have to double check.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Alright, now I know for sure that it's christmas time again! *Gets the santa hat out*

IrishBerserker

Oct 6, 2009
I remember getting these when I was a kid, always hated waiting to get the one small peice of chocolate a day.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
I have the same problem with the first box not darkening and the third box just leads to the error message page here.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
My box number 3 won't open; the number is lit up but when I click it, it merely refreshes the page; any ideas?

Lenny Magic

Hypochondriacal Calligrapher
Jan 23, 2009
I do believe it is not aligned correctly... I don't know if it is intensional... Maybe to stop us Brits from clicking it to quick :/

Jenova65

Oct 3, 2009
messy said:
My box number 3 won't open; the number is lit up but when I click it, it merely refreshes the page; any ideas?
Me too! Plus I only saw this today (only returned yesterday as my mum died three weeks ago) :'-( xxx

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
My theory is that it's meant to be a link to either the next Apocalypse Lane video or some other featured content for today that hasn't been posted yet on the site. In which case it should be fine later today. Just have a little patience...

Lord_Z

May 23, 2009
None of my boxes will highlight no matter how mush I click them and number 3 isn't there.
There seams to be quite a lot of issues here. Hope it all works out, I think this is a good idea.