The Escapist's Community Drawing Board Discussion Thread

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Remy Cambridge said:
Archemetis said:
I've got the ball rolling a little bit, nothing overly spectacular but it IS surprising how when you're told,

'Go nuts!'

You're suddenly low on inspiration from that moment on...
Blank piece of paper syndrome. To most people, it's just a sheet of paper. To an artist low on ideas, it's a blank abyss. I'm fairly certain that's what sucks the inspiration right out of us.

Speaking of which, I was a little hesitant over the thought of continuing from yours. The nature of the thread implies consent, but writing someone else's avatar has not a few pitfalls. And I'm rather uncomfortable writing someone else's voice.
I never considered that when I drew it... (the avatar thing) Well, I suppose for future it'd be worth telling any who feel like continuing on from mine that I honestly don't mind what words you put in my mouth.

I willingly draw myself doing/saying the stupidest things generally, so feel free.

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
Broken Orange said:
Some one needs to continue the story of the stolen pancake!
It was stolen?
I... That comic... What?
Well, twenty years later it's safe back in his hands. I think...

What?

Fury Is Me.

Oh, Tasty Tasty.
Feb 20, 2010
Well who liked mine huh? I think Dave has some promise. I'll make another one later, a better one, when I get some freetime to spend 5 hours drawing one character at a time... Cause I suck and the only way I can draw something decent is if it takes me 1 hour per thing.

Jaqen Hghar

Feb 11, 2009
Yeah, why did Kluke's comic get him a probation? That was a great comic! Was it stolen? If it was, he did a good job, considering he put in the original post on that screen. I love random stuff like that as well, with the Coach in Mario World and stuff.

There are a few other good ones, but that was the only one that really made me laugh.

Kluke

Jun 25, 2008
LiquidGrape said:
The one funny addition to the thread gets censored?
Blimey.
tell me about it. :p

big surprise... the escapist staff never liked my stuff. i guess i need to implement more overused internet memes to strike their fancy... and i guess angry dennis green isn't an internet meme...

RockyH

Mar 25, 2010
I think that banan Pancake shouldn't be continued. I think the first strip should be redrawn by many different artists, like one already has been. It would be good to see archemetis do it!

Lenny Magic

Hypochondriacal Calligrapher
Jan 23, 2009
Hmm... I think it might have been the risky humour, basically implying that The Escapist is evil. *shrug* It made me laugh though "Meanwhile, in the Present year 1955"

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Well, I continued Charlie's little escapade in the cafe...I'll finish that up, if no one else wants to.

We need more people doing this.

And yes, Kluke's post was funny. The mods are so very sensitive.

AdamRBi

Feb 7, 2010
Archemetis said:
I've got the ball rolling a little bit, nothing overly spectacular but it IS surprising how when you're told,

'Go nuts!'

You're suddenly low on inspiration from that moment on...
At least it makes a good jumping point.

I'd agree with you though, it's tough.

Of course that's also when pure genius may shine it's brightest.

Trujkin

Nov 12, 2002
Really fantastic work everyone. I've really enjoyed admiring your talents and seeing where you went with this. Thanks!

TazTheTerrible

Feb 20, 2010
Trujkin said:
Really fantastic work everyone. I've really enjoyed admiring your talents and seeing where you went with this. Thanks!
You're plenty welcome. It was fun to take two hours off and do something completely different and silly with no pressure of high expectancies. Is this done now or are we following up on it somehow?

Remy Cambridge

Feb 8, 2010
TazTheTerrible said:
Is this done now or are we following up on it somehow?
If no one's continuing from where you left off, I know I will.

(but only when I can steal the time, of course.)

Trujkin

Nov 12, 2002
There's no time limit. This was just for fun, so have at it whenever! I'm hopeful we'll do something similar from time to time. Definitely keep an eye on the Community Tab!

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
RockyH said:
I think that banan Pancake shouldn't be continued. I think the first strip should be redrawn by many different artists, like one already has been. It would be good to see archemetis do it!
And do it I have!
[link]http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/362.201313-Welcome-to-The-Escapists-Community-Drawing-Board#6920761[/link]

SteveZim1017

Jan 14, 2009
TazTheTerrible said:
Trujkin said:
You're plenty welcome. It was fun to take two hours off and do something completely different and silly with no pressure of high expectancies. Is this done now or are we following up on it somehow?
my addition is far from perfect and took nowhere near 2 hours but I'll be more then happy to help try to move the story with my horrible doodles!