The Escapist's Final Fantasy Cosplay Gallery

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
The Escapist's Final Fantasy Cosplay Gallery

We asked you all to send in your Final Fantasy cosplay, and you sure did.

Read Full Article

Diana Kingston-Gabai

Aug 3, 2010
Pretty sure the girl next to Lightning on page 19 is Paine, from Final Fantasy X-2...

http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-01/ff10-2-paine.html

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Diana Kingston-Gabai said:
Pretty sure the girl next to Lightning on page 19 is Paine, from Final Fantasy X-2...

Could be. On the other hand, given the number of silver-haired characters wearing black leather in JRPGs? :p

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
I'm pretty sure Page 19's silver haired person is the new protagonist in Final Fantasy Versus XIII. You know, that game no-one has heard from or seen gameplay of? The game that's holding up Kingdom Hearts 3? That one.

Either way, all the cosplays are awesome. Makes me want to as all these galleries do.

Calumon: Please don't dress up like me. : (

Vortigar

Nov 8, 2007
A Lenna!
*Vorty does a little dance.
I hold FF5 up as the best of the series and fight its underratedness whenever I can.

I tend to think that due to its troubled release (no SNES release outside Japan being a huge factor here) it doesn't have as many fans that have fond memories of it and thus is never really considered. It simply fell by the wayside. As I never owned a NES or SNES and played every single FF way later I didn't have any such predisposition toward any of the games.

Very nice Quistis too. Probably my favorite character from any FF. Close run with Faris.

AcacianLeaves

Sep 28, 2009
Auron in 23 IS Auron. He will end you.

The Quistis costume in 22 is great too, you don't see many of those around.

My favorite would probably have to be Shadow in 16. That could have easily gone into 'generic ninja' look, but it takes a real pro to accurately depict an Amano portrait like that.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008

This is actually just the main cast from 8-Bit Theater, methinks.

Except for the penguin.

That would explain the lack of Black Belt, as he's a very minor character.

Or it could just be FF1. I'm happy either way!

AcacianLeaves

Sep 28, 2009
Diana Kingston-Gabai said:

No, that cosplayer is clearly making some deliberate choices that don't match Paine at all. The hair color, the costume coverage, the pouches.

I was thinking Kaja from Advent Children, but that can't be it either I don't think.

AcacianLeaves

Sep 28, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:
I'm pretty sure Page 19's silver haired person is the new protagonist in Final Fantasy Versus XIII. You know, that game no-one has heard from or seen gameplay of? The game that's holding up Kingdom Hearts 3? That one.

Either way, all the cosplays are awesome. Makes me want to as all these galleries do.

You are absolutely right. Good call! In fact, you can buy that costume on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Fantasy-Versus-Noctis-Cosplay-Costume/dp/B00469TTRG

mr_rubino

Sep 19, 2010
I don't know. Noctis clearly has black hair there. I think the cosplayer may have confused their sources a bit and thus created Paintis.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
2-She nailed the costume and the attitude. She's very pretty, and to think she hand made it. Amazing girl.

10-Holy...That's amazing. I can't begin to imagine what it must have been like making that costume.

13-Always fun to see a group of friends get together and do something like that.

21-NOOO! Not again! Quick, someone stop him! Phoenix Down!

27-Not only a great costume, but a great pose and backdrop. How come I don't know any girls who like to do this stuff?

28-MOOGLE!

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:

At the very most the person cosplaying you is cute.

I recognize Adella from Page 8 and KValentine Turk but I forgot the page

Chase Yojimbo

The Samurai Sage
Sep 1, 2009
Some of those girls were super hot. And the guy who dressed as Auron in front of the closed store was AMAZING, give the man props for making that suit irriplacable. And i screamed and giggled when i saw shadows costume as well, very well done.