The Escapist's Official Game Release Date Calendar - New Status Update

havass

Dec 15, 2009
Bold the game titles or something. It's kinda hard to read and differentiate. Otherwise, not a bad format!

EDIT: Whoops didn't read the bottom part. But still, even if you're gonna make the game titles a different colour in the future it'll be a good idea to bold the titles now to make for easy reading. It's fast and easy to just simply bold something, after all. Unless you're doing the colour thing in the near future, then otherwise, by all means!

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
great idea, lethal tho! Now 've found five more games I want in the next six weeks!

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
Bookmarked for sure! I hate the way the other sites do this, this is so much more accessible to me!

Thanks for doing all that work!

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Well, this does looks rather nice and useful.
Though i can imagine making this can be quite the pain in the arse if you're doing all the work yourself. Lots of games coming out always.

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
You've done an admirable job in creating this. If you want help with formatting it, I would suggest PMing @Claymorez. He's kind of got a knack for it.

/bookmark.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
No offense, but I'll stick to VGReleases. You are missing a game for June 14th that I've already pre-ordered. Record of Agarest War Zero for reference.

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
I approve of the thread,and the only thing I can think of to help keep this from wall-o-text proportions is using spoilers for subheadings to condense your post to something quite a bit more manageable, perhaps segregating the individual sections by week or month?

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Nice job, but I think you'll need more than bolding. [HEADING=1] [HEADING=2] and [HEADING=3] maybe? Some spoiler boxes and seperating lines would make it a lot neater and easier to read. Amazed nobody thought of this before though, well done!

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Sevre said:
You've done an admirable job in creating this. If you want help with formatting it, I would suggest PMing @Claymorez. He's kind of got a knack for it.

/bookmark.
Thanks for the heads up. I will for sure send a message his way.
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
No offense, but I'll stick to VGReleases. You are missing a game for June 14th that I've already pre-ordered. Record of Agarest War Zero for reference.
None taken! I know its not the best that it can be right now. As for that game I didn't put it in on purpose because when I looked it up it seems I misread the titles and thought it was already released. Will be sure to read titles more carefully in the future.
Fayathon said:
I approve of the thread,and the only thing I can think of to help keep this from wall-o-text proportions is using spoilers for subheadings to condense your post to something quite a bit more manageable, perhaps segregating the individual sections by week or month?
Jedamethis said:
Nice job, but I think you'll need more than bolding. [HEADING=1] [HEADING=2] and [HEADING=3] maybe? Some spoiler boxes and seperating lines would make it a lot neater and easier to read. Amazed nobody thought of this before though, well done!
Will definitely see what I can do. Thanks for the ideas guys!

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
It's cool, but are you planning on fitting in more months per post? Like, each one in a spoiler box?

Edit: Also, Put that 'explanation of what it is' in a little spoiler box at the top. Otherwise it just gets in the way.
Eventually yes now that you said it, I don't want this getting insanely long and hard to navigate through. I only put up June like that to show my idea for the formatting and how it can be improved.

Thanks for the spoiler idea at the top. Would probably never have done that.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Phoenix14 said:
Giantbomb has this too.
I know a lot of places have it, just thought it would be nice of the Escapist had it too. Eventually I want to get it up to par with some of the other sites.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
EcksTeaSea said:
SirBryghtside said:
It's cool, but are you planning on fitting in more months per post? Like, each one in a spoiler box?

Edit: Also, Put that 'explanation of what it is' in a little spoiler box at the top. Otherwise it just gets in the way.
Eventually yes now that you said it, I don't want this getting insanely long and hard to navigate through. I only put up June like that to show my idea for the formatting and how it can be improved.

Thanks for the spoiler idea at the top. Would probably never have done that.
One more thing - when formatting, try looking at the other sticky topics - there are quite a few in the off-topic section.

Good luck!
Thanks for all the help and ideas! Very grateful. I will do my best, with the help of others, to make this the best quality it can be.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Whoa, this is handy.

So...you think you can pester Nintendo like crazy until they tell you when exactly Skyward Sword is coming?

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Caramel Frappe said:
Splendid work! Finally, something I can look into saving money up ahead of time now for games and know which ones are coming out without going to Google for feedback.

You sir, are awesome. My only request is if you Bold up the title of games or even made them bigger so we can see them better. Just an organizational thing I did with my Group Index Thread so up to you, but would help :)
Working on that right now actually. Trying to figure out if its possible to do [HEADING=2]
text
[/HEADING] without keeping the text in it in [HEADING=2] but it seems not to be possible. NEVERTHELESS an format update will go out tonight and it will look much better than it does right now so look forward to it!

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
It's awesome, but I have a couple of things:

Is it really best to put the date first? I mean, I know it's a calendar, but I don't think anyone's going to look at a date and wonder what games come out on that day :p

Second, it needs a title!
Not sure I quite follow you on the date, where would you put it then?

As for the title, I want to create a banner for it or ask someone to make something cool if they don't mind later on.

SomethingUnrelated

Aug 29, 2009
Probably some people who find it useful, but not me personally. I prefer to find a game first, then find out when it's released.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
EcksTeaSea said:
SirBryghtside said:
It's awesome, but I have a couple of things:

Is it really best to put the date first? I mean, I know it's a calendar, but I don't think anyone's going to look at a date and wonder what games come out on that day :p

Second, it needs a title!
Not sure I quite follow you on the date, where would you put it then?

As for the title, I want to create a banner for it or ask someone to make something cool if they don't mind later on.
I'm not sure what you'd put instead of the date either... hm.
Ah...figure it out later tonight. I'll think about it and see what I can come up with.