The Escapist's We Love It Awards at E3 2013

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
The Escapist's We Love It Awards at E3 2013

Check out which games deserved our "We Love It!" award from E3 2013.

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
Thanks for reporting those busted links, guys! We fixed some errant code and everything should work now.

JokerboyJordan said:
So... just a mention of Ninja Gaiden Z but no actual information aside from a screenshot?
We'll have a full preview for you bright and early tomorrow EST, when our journalist who went to the Team Ninja booth is able to report in.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
So there are a decent amount of new IP coming out, this makes me happy // Not that I'll be playing any of them but hey, at least the gaming industry is learning

-M

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
Got to say I am seriously looking forward to any new on Transistor. After Bastion (which I've only just played) I'm seriously looking forward to anything they do.

Rome 2 is also looking fantastic but since I don't currently have a machine to play it I'll just wait and see on that one.

4Aces

May 29, 2012
Witcher 3? I got so bored with W2 that I stopped playing the mini-game driven story about six hours into it. If W3 is built around the same mechanic then I will give it a pass.

The Elder Scrolls Online : The new Old Republic. Minor failure that limps along but is not worth the hype. The downgrade in graphics alone will make it pale in comparison to Vanilla Oblivion. Compared to modded Oblivion, well it will just suck (like a hellgate).

Destiny had my interest until I saw the linear pathing to enclosed areas, HALO combat, and magic users in my FPS. Nope, gonna pass on that. Adding magic to HALO is not innovation, just an excuse for more particles.

Watch Dogs is the only real thing of real interest to me, and that is going to be muted by the over-hype that was Far Cry 3. I hope it is a good as Ubi-M keep claiming but will not count on it.

Last of Us is done by Naughty Dog, and has been released. I doubt they were trying to show teasers at E3 2013.

South Park: Stick of Truth is something to wait and get many, many reviews on first. Two words: Obsidian Entertainment. 'Nuff Said.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Amazing. Simply, amazing. So, no one working at the Escapist loved Mario Kart 8 or Super Smash Bros. U/3D? Or Even X?! I can understand being underwhelmed by Super Mario 3D World and DKTF, but I was assuming you guys would give the "We Love It" awards to some more WiiU Games, other then the Multiplatforms that are going to it (Watch_Dogs) and Sonic Lost world!

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Ignatz_Zwakh said:
Um...last I checked, the Last of Us was developed by Naughty Dog...
Whoops! Thanks for pointing that out. I've since corrected it to the correct developer and publisher.

Mr.Mattress said:
Amazing. Simply, amazing. So, no one working at the Escapist loved Mario Kart 8 or Super Smash Bros. U/3D? Or Even X?! I can understand being underwhelmed by Super Mario 3D World and DKTF, but I was assuming you guys would give the "We Love It" awards to some more WiiU Games, other then the Multiplatforms that are going to it (Watch_Dogs) and Sonic Lost world!
It is possible that there weren't hands-on demos or anything of the sort of of Super Smash Bros. Wii U or Mario Kart 8 available at E3 for our away team to check out.

TizzytheTormentor said:
What do you guys think of The Division? My cousin is prompting me to get it with him.
It looks fascinating to me, but I'd like to see more gameplay and hear more about how the whole game world is supposed to work before I'd put any pre-order money down.

Living Contradiction

Clearly obfusticated
Nov 8, 2009
Forgive me, but I have to ask as I can't find the information anywhere: who composed/performed the music that covered this video? I wish to give them money and to know if more music is available.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
4Aces said:
Last of Us is done by Naughty Dog, and has been released. I doubt they were trying to show teasers at E3 2013.
Didn't come out until June 14, a day after E3 wrapped.