The Escapist's We Love It Awards: The Best of E3 2015

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
The Escapist's We Love It Awards: The Best of E3 2015

Widely heralded as the strongest E3 showing in a few years, these are the best games from E3 2015.

Read Full Article

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Eh? I guess I'm too jaded from...well I guess all E3s to get hyped about this one. Yes, fun looking games blah blah blah. Does no one remember that all E3 games look fun? Colonial Marines looked fun for fucks sake!

I mean Unravel looks like Knack. Everyone was saying how cute Knack was when it was announced. And it sucked.

Fallout 4 looks okay I guess. Looks like Fallout 3. Don't get why we needed an entire new generation of consoles for this game.
And that may be my biggest bugbear. None of these games look like they couldn't have been made for Xbox 360 or the PS3. And no one brought that up. No one asked Bethesda if graphics aren't important, why isn't this game being released on the 360?

New Guitar Hero? Sure! I guess I'll buy a $400 console to play a game that looks exactly like the 4 ones I already own!

Xbox One backwards compatibility? Glad to see Microsoft is only 2 years behind the time. Shots fired, Sony.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Uncharted 4 seemed a little too scripted for my taste, especially the driving section, but it sure looked good.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Tad surprised at no Cuphead if only because loads of other outlets seem to be raving about it.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Silentpony said:
Colonial Marines looked fun for fucks sake!
Everyone had tons of fun with Colonial Marines. Not so much while actually playing it, but it was a gold mine for memes and comedy videos.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Nintendo's reaction to the lack of Mario Maker, Metroid or Starfox on this list:

Anyway, solid list. I don't even own a PS4 or capable gaming PC, and yet I'm looking forward to Fallout 4.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Silentpony said:
Xbox One backwards compatibility? Glad to see Microsoft is only 2 years behind the time. Shots fired, Sony.
Dont really get this point since you actually get your games to run instead of paying for them again.

OT: To me the most interesting game was probably Ghost Recon since it seemed like Jagged Alliance in a shooter format.

StreamerDarkly

Disciple of Trevor Philips
Jan 15, 2015
I see 343 is still trying to come up with new multiplayer game types that are better than the originals. This has been going on in earnest ever since Halo Reach when Bungie was still involved. Probability of failure = 97%.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
StreamerDarkly said:
I see 343 is still trying to come up with new multiplayer game types that are better than the originals. This has been going on in earnest ever since Halo Reach when Bungie was still involved. Probability of failure = 97%.
At least Invasion could have been really cool if they kept it like it was in the Reach beta.

StreamerDarkly

Disciple of Trevor Philips
Jan 15, 2015
Evonisia said:
StreamerDarkly said:
At least Invasion could have been really cool if they kept it like it was in the Reach beta.
I have to confess that I actually enjoyed Invasion. At least, it gained more traction than the sea of failures that are played for two weeks and never make it into the next iteration of the game.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
StreamerDarkly said:
Evonisia said:
StreamerDarkly said:
I have to confess that I actually enjoyed Invasion. At least, it gained more traction than the sea of failures that are played for two weeks and never make it into the next iteration of the game.
I quite enjoyed it: it certainly kept me playing the game for longer than any other part. My only issue with it is the lack of supply drops for the Covenant when you reach the next stage. I thought that was a very organic way of progressing the multiplayer, rather than having to die and spawn as a new class.

Plus, personal bias here, I think Invasion is probably the reason you can't play as Elites in multiplayer generally, and I loved being an Elite in Halo 3 and The Covenant in Halo Wars ;-(