The Fallout 4 Creation Kit is Available Now

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
The Fallout 4 Creation Kit is Available Now

Modders rejoice! The Fallout 4 Creation Kit is now widely available!

The closed beta for the Fallout 4 Creation Kit has come and gone, and now Bethesda is opening the mod tools up to all comers.

The Creation kit is free to download through an online wiki [http://download.cdp.bethesda.net/BethesdaNetLauncher_Setup.exe].

If you want to try the Steam beta of the 1.5 update, here's what you need to do.

Right Click on Fallout 4 in your Library
Select Properties
Select Betas
A drop down menu will appear. Select beta
Wait a few minutes and Fallout 4 should update
When done, Fallout 4 should appear as Fallout 4 [Beta] in your Library

In more good news, Bethesda's post also states that mods will be coming to Xbox One in May, and PS4 in June. It's great to see the joy of mods headed to more gamers. All you'll need is a Bethesda.net account and the desire to see some crazy stuff. Now if one of you will just make the mods we really want to see [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/features/galleryoftheday/17001-Eight-Mods-We-Want-in-Fallout-4].

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
I wonder if this could be used to assist in making a sort of S.T.A.L.K.E.R/Fallout...

Totally blue-skying there. I looked at the video you posted, but have had little time to get into more details about this, let alone play with the Kit itself.

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
Huh, I thought I'd heard they weren't releasing the creation kit until after all the DLC was released.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Don't think it'll stop Beth from releasing paid DLCs that modders made first for free.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Gorrath said:
Huh, I thought I'd heard they weren't releasing the creation kit until after all the DLC was released.
It's not technically 'released' yet. Not officially, anyway. It's an open beta.

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
Denamic said:
Gorrath said:
Right, but presumably people can still make mods and release them with the open beta right? Or am I missing something?

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Gorrath said:
Denamic said:
Gorrath said:
Right, but presumably people can still make mods and release them with the open beta right? Or am I missing something?
No, you got it right.

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
Denamic said:
Gorrath said:
Denamic said:
Gorrath said:
No, you got it right.
Thanks for clearing that up for me, my confusion stems from the fact that that would seem to defeat every bit of reasoning as to why they held off on releasing it to begin with. Just found the whole thing a bit odd.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Poetic Nova said:
Don't think it'll stop Beth from releasing paid DLCs that modders made first for free.
The entirety of Fallout 4's settlement system was directly lifted from the mod 'Real Time Settler' and it's Fallout 3 counterpart.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
im enjoying a few of the smaller mods on there like fixing the sanctuary bridge. although one that cleans up the leaves, etc in houses in sanctuary bit me in the ass. installed it played for a couple of hours, came back to sanctuary and found every single suit of power armour i had stored there was now a t-45 set.

another good one is one by one of my favorite modders who is slowly adding interiors to the closed off houses, so far 9 or so in concord

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
But guys, There is no modding community... Do you folks remember? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Now I avoid out of principle.