The Final NES Classic Edition Shipments are Hitting North America This Month

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Nintendo and their artificial scarcity still has people willing to give them money.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
FalloutJack said:
*Waits for Nintendo's stock to go down so low that it can be bought for pocket change*
You need a Japan credit card[footnote](not sure if you need to be a Japanese resident)[/footnote] to buy their stock though.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
-Dragmire- said:
FalloutJack said:
*Waits for Nintendo's stock to go down so low that it can be bought for pocket change*
You need a Japan credit card[footnote](not sure if you need to be a Japanese resident)[/footnote] to buy their stock though.
Why? The dollar is more valuable than the yen, last I checked.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
FalloutJack said:
-Dragmire- said:
FalloutJack said:
It's not the value but the fact you have to use the Japanese stock exchange. There are brokers that will go through hoops to allow for the international investment but unless you're investing large sums of money, broker fees will eat a good chunk of it.

TrulyBritish

Jan 23, 2013
InsanityRequiem said:
Also absolutely fucking disgusting people are supporting piracy by saying Nintendo is in the wrong. Fucking garbage.
Triple Limited makes sense when you're expecting a niche audience, whereas Nintendo do this consistently and when there is a clear demand for more product.
And on the piracy front? I'm sorry, but as far as I'm cncerned you can only complain about piracy when you provide a product for a reasonable price with a reasonable amount of fuss.
If Nintendo have decided they don't want to actually provide a decent service for people to buy classic NES/SNES/Whatever games, then they don't get to complain when people emulate or pirate.

Qvar

OBJECTION!
Aug 25, 2013
This... This is... UGH. I just can't comprehend Nintendo. I swear, if I can't get one of those consoles, I'm never going back. Ever.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
-Dragmire- said:
FalloutJack said:
-Dragmire- said:
FalloutJack said:
It's not the value but the fact you have to use the Japanese stock exchange. There are brokers that will go through hoops to allow for the international investment but unless you're investing large sums of money, broker fees will eat a good chunk of it.
Well, since the joke is basically the making of an unreasonable demand on a pitiful company, I would say no. We're not discussing reality here. I'm just having some funzies.