The First Game You Ever Played

evilengine

Nov 20, 2009
The title says it all, try to recount the first video game you can remember playing. It could be Super Mario World for the SNES, or maybe Aladdin for the Sega Megadrive, Goldeneye on the Nintendo 64 or one of the Dizzy games on the Amstrad. Reach back into the dark regions of your memories and pluck out whatever was the first game you ever played.

Mine? As far as I know it was 'Hover!' on the Windows 95. We has a GameGear too, but I can't remember what my first game on that was.

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
I'm a PC gamer, the first game was Age of Empires 2, my first FPS was Halo.

Yep, I didn't got really into FPS gaming until 2007.

centauri2002

Mar 17, 2010
I have problems remembering the first. Animal, Vegetable, Mineral on the Amstrad CPC probably. And then some text adventures, followed by Robocop. My first DOS game was Dark Forces I think.

Undo

Mar 26, 2009
Pong on a video table... a long long time ago. That always was my 'dessert' when visiting the diner that had it.
Om nom nom. It had almost photo realistic graphics, too. :)

Been looking to buy one as couch table for quite some time.

Next steps were Asteroids on a friends' Vectrex and Berzerk on my Atari VCS.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
Dont remember was it PacMan or Space Invaders on Arcade machine. First PC game was Prince of Persia.

BeeRye

Mar 4, 2009
It's really difficult to remember the first game, but it could have been Cool Spot for the Amiga. Something around that time period anyway. My house was always a computer house, never had a console until my brother got the original playstation.

Ioncannon

Nov 22, 2009
Digger on a Pravetc 16B PC. Both the game and the computer are museum pieces now, but back then it was the second most addictive game available (the first was the original Lode Runner - my father used to dream of playing some of the levels)

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
I don't quite remember which one was the first, but it was one of these three: Legend of Kyrandia, Monkey Island 1, Indiana Jones-Fate of Atlantis.

Lifefable

Mar 18, 2010
Mechwarrior 2 on the PC I think, I had no idea what I was doing at the time but man it was fun

the_maestro_sartori

Nov 8, 2009
Kung Fu and Legend of Zelda: Adventures of link (second zelda game) were the first games I got with my nes way back when. Along with super mario bros, of course

daSchoof

Mar 21, 2010
Undo said:
Pong on a video table... a long long time ago. That always was my 'dessert' when visiting the diner that had it.
Om nom nom. It had almost photo realistic graphics, too. :)

Been looking to buy one as couch table for quite some time.

Next steps were Asteroids on a friends' Vectrex and Berzerk on my Atari VCS.
I would love to have one of those, just curious to know how much one in working condition would cost now of days.

Back on topic, first game I ever played was the first Kings Quest, I'm still frustrated by that game and I haven't touched it in about 20 years.