The first step on the road of passion ... ( Man that sounds overlly dramatic )

Thegreatone

Aug 20, 2012
Hey guys and gals !

Early 20 's guy here , going through the whole doubting the path you chose for life ( basically me disliking my chosen study subject in university etc ) and looking for my passion part .

But I'm not going to ask you to give advice on finding it , I basically just sat down and though about what brings the greatest degree of satisfaction to me and came to the conclusion that of all the things it's gaming ( and related things ) and cooking . Not much of tech guy and of the two cooking brought more joy . Mind you I have no experience in the field ( career wise )

So I thought that I'd do what I always do when I start a something new - read a lot about it . That always helps me . Now knowing that the escapist isn't full of dumb people I though I'd ask you guys and gals on any books you can suggest me be it a cookbook , cooking technique book , perhaps some blog and Etc . Help me out and when I learn to cook even better I'll make you a 5 star meal :D

Note : English isn't my first .

Okoi

Mar 26, 2013
To be honest, I'm not a very good cook however I have really enjoyed trying stuff from one particular blog called "Not So Humble Pie". It's no longer really active, but there are quite a wide variety of recipes you can look over and try.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I'm not sure what kind of things you're trying to cook, but Delia Smith has the most reliable recipes out there. If you're a relative beginner I'd suggest buying one of her books.