The Force Unleashed 2: Pass or Fail

Cari Scholtens

Jun 3, 2009
For those of you who have not seen the trailer for the Force Unleashed 2 apparently our conquering hero is still alive! My first question, how in the world will they patch up that plothole? Secondly, do you think that the game itself will live up to the high bar set by the original title?

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
They'll "patch it up" by setting the story to before the conclusion of the first game, or make a prequel.

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
How will they patch that plot hole?

WITH THE FORCE!

That, or mayby Cerberus rebuilt him.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
jedi88 said:
Secondly, do you think that the game itself will live up to the high bar set by the original title?
.... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh man, that was a really good joke. Implying that the first one was good. Wow.

OT: I sure as hell hope that it will:

A. Stop being so damn prequel-y.

B. Have much better game design.

C. Better story.

and of course

D. STOP RUINING MY BELOVED FRANCHISE!

Seriously, did you play the Hoth level? How big of a fuck you wasn't that?

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
I loved it, but the receptions weren't that great in the gaming world, so living up to the bar isn't going to be a problem.

And they can patch up that plothole by giving him a seperate story. They'll just give him the 'good' ending. Something about fighing for money, and someone from the past would contact him, giving him missions who hunt jedi or something. They can write for him by not tying into the original movies.

And yes, I do believe the game will live up to its predecessor, if they keep the over the top force stuff in the next game.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
How is it a plothole?

Like someone said, the most likely option is that someone brought him back using the force (my bet would be on Yoda, as he's in the teaser).

Fair game, the first had a lot of potential; LA just fucked it up, as they have done with every game in the past *very long time*. The story was (I thought) pretty good, the main problems were the revisiting of locations and repetitiveness.

And stupid difficulty spikes.

ShawnRiles

Jun 13, 2009
Oh, sorry. Did I just push you off a fucking cliff with THE FUCKING FORCE? Yeah, I'm going to get it.

Vuljatar

Sep 7, 2008
They need to kill The Force Unleashed NOW and make a new Jedi Knight game. For the PC. And port it to consoles later. None of this multiplatform development crap, the PC always gets shafted with that bullshit.

Jedi Outcast was one of the greatest games ever. Jedi Academy, though a poor followup to Outcast, was still better than Force Unleashed.

I'm not saying Force Unleashed was terrible, but compared to the Jedi Knight series it was.

TimbukTurnip

Jan 3, 2009
Ghostwise said:
1st one was awesome. I'm sure part 2 will kick ass. How can any Star Wars fan not like it? Maybe they played the ps2 version? lol
Im a big Star Wars fan and i found The Force Unleashed crap. The story was good, but the gameplay was boring and repetitive, and a game with bad gameplay . . . isn't very good.

Don't hold much, if any hope for the sequel, but i'll probably end up buying it at some point anyway.
It really doesn't deserve a sequel though.

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
The game is another reason Star Wars should have ended after Episode 3 and Genndy Tartakovsky's cartoon of the events in the Clone Wars. But no. A series that should have ended there keeps on going with a video game that makes no sense and a stupid little cgi tv show. Thanks lucas, just thanks.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
I'll play it. Hope they actually have good controls now. They should look to games like Psi-Ops for a decent control scheme.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
I found Force Unleashed to be a very fun game once I got past the slightly fidgety controls and the dubious quality of the PC port. I liked the visuals, the gameplay and the story. Overall, a very fun game if one is looking for fun, but a very crappy game if one is looking to nitpick (and we all know how gamers love being miserable).

If the devs manage to listen to all the criticism surrounding the first game, they have a solid base to make an amazing title and one of the finest Star Wars games ever. Or they could just rehash the first game, in which case they'll get laughed out. I'm hoping they get it right this time.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
I'll admit, the first game wasn't perfect, but it's also the only game I've ever played that replicates what I think being a Jedi/Sith must feel like. Having that much sheer control over the Force made up for the slippery controls, the shoddy voice acting and the unconvincing story.

So yeah, I'm pretty much willing to overlook any plotholes or storyline inconsistencies in exchange for the ability to use two lightsabers in conjunction with the Force. Sometimes, you just gotta let go of the story and have some fun.

Slaanax

Oct 28, 2009
Hopefully they are like well, that didn't actually happen and they make a game with a story that makes sense. That being said it was one the most fun games I ever played game mechanics wise.

Skuffyshootster

Jan 13, 2009
I enjoyed the first game immensely, but stopped playing at the point where you have to take down that goddamn Star Destroyer.

I'm a sucker for physics.

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
It will probably be a prequel since Star Wars seems to be progressing in reverse. One day there will be Star Wars: The Big Bang

Dorian6

Apr 3, 2009
wait...so Marek survived? I would have assumed that the emperor would incinerated his body or something.

Did he just run away when they weren't looking?