The French open....what the hell is going on?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Wadders said:
Probably the most excitement the sport of tennis has witnessed in its entire history.
Clearly, you don't follow the "Grunt Queens". I eagerly anticipate any Sharapova/Williams/Azarenka matches, because of the pure hilarity.

<youtube=hqbrLz0jdLw>

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
lacktheknack said:
Wadders said:
Probably the most excitement the sport of tennis has witnessed in its entire history.
Clearly, you don't follow the "Grunt Queens". I eagerly anticipate any Sharapova/Williams/Azarenka matches, because of the pure hilarity.

<youtube=hqbrLz0jdLw>
Pretty amusing, but it gets really old really fast :p

It's just unnecessary. Cricketers don't yelp every time they bowl, footballers don't shriek when they strike the ball, so why do annoying grunts? Makes it even harder for me to take it seriously, and adds to the overall ponciness of the sport :p

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Wadders said:
lacktheknack said:
Wadders said:

<youtube=hqbrLz0jdLw>
Pretty amusing, but it gets really old really fast :p

It's just unnecessary. Cricketers don't yelp every time they bowl, footballers don't shriek when they strike the ball, so why do annoying grunts? Makes it even harder for me to take it seriously, and adds to the overall ponciness of the sport :p
Because it "assists their breathing technique".

No, seriously. That's Venus Williams' excuse. Sharapova's is "no one important enough has told me to stop".

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
So much for France being the world capital of love.

88chaz88

Jul 23, 2010
Why were the French closed?

Amethyst Wind said:
Nor am I. I watched it in the same way.
I second... well third this. Tennis is as interesting to me as stamp collecting would be to squirrel with ADD, but the Isner vs Mahut match had me fascinated even though on paper it would sound like the most boring match in history rather than the most exciting.

I was rooting for Mahut though.