The Funny is Strong With These Mark Hamill Star Wars Autographs

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
The Funny is Strong With These Mark Hamill Star Wars Autographs

A collection of Star Wars trading cards signed by Mark Hamill will leave you laughing.

One of the common dreams that many share is gaining a bit of fame. It's not hard to understand why. When you live on a planet with billions of people it only makes sense that some want might want to stand out from the crowd. The thing about actually being famous however, is that it rarely comes without a cost. Being recognized and fawned over can be fun, but it can also kind of stink when you can't walk fifteen feet down the street without someone asking for an autograph. It's hard not to wonder how some celebrities keep their sanity when dealing with these sorts of constant requests. Actor <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131578-Mark-Hamill-Never-Thought-Star-Wars-Would-Be-Successful>Mark Hamill, it seems, decided to just have fun with the whole thing.

That, at least, is our takeaway from <a href=http://imgur.com/gallery/8ketU>a gallery of autographed <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/star%20wars?os=star+wars>Star Wars trading cards where Hamill opted to spice up his John Hancock with a bit of snark and humor. On one card depicting Luke Skywalker discovering his dead Aunt and Uncle, he added the quote "Now I can go to Toshi Station whenever I want!" In another depicting himself standing next to a moisture vaporator on Tatooine, Hamill wrote "World's largest bong for sale: Call Luke 555-Weed." Perhaps the best of the bunch however, is a trading card depicting Hamill with George Lucas. The card reads "George Lucas directs his counterpart 'Luke.'" Hamill responds by writing "Yes George, but just try acting to these scripts."

Now obviously this isn't hard hitting news. That said, it's always fun to see a bit more of an actor's personality outside of their work and these autographs definitely offer up some solid evidence as to why Hamill might have done so well with comedy-tinged characters like the Joker. He obviously has a sense of humor all on his own.

[gallery=4486]

Source: <a href=http://imgur.com/gallery/8ketU>Imgur

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Great Scott, my respect for the guy just went up immensely! Really great to see celebrities having fun this way.

Captcha: awesome dude! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
Classic. Mark Hamill gets tons of grief for not becoming the megastar that Harrison Ford did but he did fine, even so.

Loved these. :)

webkilla

Feb 2, 2011
Oh gods... that last one... it totally predicted the bongblades from the Jay and Silent bob movie.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Gotta admit, I got a real chuckle out of these. My respect for the guy goes up more than a few notches.

MegaGame

Sep 27, 2013
webkilla said:
Oh gods... that last one... it totally predicted the bongblades from the Jay and Silent bob movie.
What I read about him, was that he said no to alot of big roles.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The cards with the uncle and aunt related image were a good laugh and the last one was hillarioustoo!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Yeah, I really hope Vader doesn't have kids, either. Could you imagine the kind of whiny children Anakin would ha...waaaaaaaait.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
"When you live on a planet with billions of people it only makes sense that some want might want to stand out from the crowd."

Then the internet and the paparazzi were created and everyone learned that dream was BS.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Well, not does it only seem that Mark has a voice of the Joker but it also seems he has the humour to be the Joker

xxobot

Jun 2, 2014
MegaGame said:
webkilla said:
What I read about him, was that he said no to alot of big roles.
At the end of the day he did alright for himself, and is famous behind the scenes in his own right through voice acting.

He also didn't 'burn bright and burn out' either, which is a nice change of pace.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
There really needs to be a "like" button here, like face book. Loved the story, but y'all had some great responses to it as well! "Amusing. Most Amusing" LOL.