The Game of Your Childhood

Knighty-boy

Oct 29, 2008
What game if any, is the game that most reminds you of your youth.

mine a toss up between Ace combat 3 electrosphere, Worms Armageddon or a bit later, Halo: Combat Evolved

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Either Wolfenstein 3D or the original Prince of Persia.

Although Kings Quest 5 (EGA edition) will always have a place in my heart.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
My god...I'd have to say the the game of my childhood was actually my very first RPG...Without that demo disc, I would never have discovered RPGs and would likely be "in shape" and "playing sports"...This honor goes to Grandia 1 on the PSX/PS1...the greatest RPG on the fucking console...rose tinted glasses never made a game look so good.

Fortesque

Jan 16, 2009
Yeh id peobebly have to say Commander Keen too.

That of Alex the Kid or R-Type on the Sega Master System

skutbag

Feb 16, 2009
I remember buying my brother Worms for the PC on several floppy discs as a present, and then the next year I paid a fiver to send the discs back and swap it for the (gasp) CD-ROM version which was exactly the same except it had the memorably looney-tunes-esque cutscenes.

Also Little Big Adventure on the PC (at least 6 disks) and Monkey Island 2 on the Amiga (I think it was 12 discs? And the copy-protection code wheel type thing!) And Lemmings 2 on the Amiga- which had an absolutely belting MIDI soundtrack.

StormRain

Oct 22, 2007
Solomon's Key, for the NES

By god, I could draw every map from memory, and I still do playthroughs every now and then.

Jovlo

May 12, 2008
Either Kirby's Dreamland or The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, both on the Gameboy.
Ah, the memories...